Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel
Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel Starting with the Prince Skyline in the 50's. The Nissan Skyline brand is at the forefront of the Japanese performance. The later generations are the R30, R31, R32, R33, and R34. Forum also includes the station wagon Stagea, and the Laurel built on the same platform.
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 12:39 AM   #1
c33drifter
AF Newbie

rd28-rb20det

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone here has converted c33 laurel with the disel rd28 to an rb20det engine? I bassically want to start drifting but don't know enough to carry a conversion such as this through myself, and was just wondering where i could get assistance and parts required for this.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:03 AM   #2
MetalHeadZaid
AF Enthusiast

Re: rd28-rb20det

well, for starters your gonna need to do something about the gas tank and fuel lines. im pretty sure that the rb20 will bolt in, as it does with cefiros

S13
Silvia Q's - R.I.P.
R32 GTST Type M Sedan - Sold
R32 GTST Type M Coupe - Sold
S14 Silvia K's - daily
R32 GTS4 - BETTER BE READY!!!
Old 08-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
c33drifter
AF Newbie

Re: rd28-rb20det

yeah thanks. Lol of course the engine bolts in c33 and cefiro's have the same size engine bays. Yeah I heard about the fuel lines and etc
Old 01-14-2007, 11:32 PM   #4
s-r-2-0
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to s-r-2-0
Cool Re: rd28-rb20det

hey there i'm looking to perform the same conversion myself, wondering if I can still use the diesel ECU, as most nissan ECUs are quite interchangable, for instance a guy i know used a CA18de ECU from a GXi R32 Skyline with a RB20det. If not viable, I could use the RB20det ecu, but then will any of the loom need to be changed? The issues are never ending lol! My laurel will not see a lot of track work though, just being built as a tough streeter, so no reason to buy an aftermarket unit.

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel