Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
View Poll Results: Fav. sports car?!
'Maro and 'Bird 6 37.50%
Stang 3 18.75%
Evo 5 31.25%
Duh an SUV to run over them ALL!! 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 02:18 PM   #196
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared_80
What are you talking about? The 60s muscle cars were very slow off the line in stock form. Not even the GT500 could smoke the US Evo much less the J-spec RS. Look it up for yourself, don't just jump into an argument without knowing what you are talking about. Quit quoting estamated proformance specs and look at the real numbers. The SS looses any way you look at it.
Quote:
Prove it jackass
I've shown you time and time again, but it would seem that you being the armchair drag racer that you are can prove everything ever written to be wrong. I couldn't care less about your J-Spec EVO four door family turd. I and quite a few other people on here seem to have the facts about the Anerican muscle cars, those same facts seem to elude you even when there in your face, unless of course you can't read. In whitch case I'm sorry for you, go back to school, and don't skip all your classes this time. We're talking about 60's performance beating you EVO, and it does do it. But since my balls have droped and I'm no longer a little sniveling brat who can't admit things even when the facts are right in my face I do know this to be true.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:30 PM   #197
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegee
the evo runs mid 13s and the sti can run low 13s oh we a decently close with so less power. see my point is not who will win my point is japs put so much less power in there cars and they come close to a lot and can beat a lot. motortrend june 2003 the evo laid down a 13.08 and the ford mustand svt cobra laid down a 13.01 wow thats close. the even ran the 600 ft slalom better then a vette z06, a viper rt-10, a ferrari and better then a lambo. top speed of the evo is 156 and the svt cobra 159, wow thats close.
Quote:
Yuo can spout this stupidity all day long.
All I ask is proof, none of you EVO fans have put up yet.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:34 PM   #198
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Thumbs down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

just stop this gay fucking argument, and i have not had the pleasure to drive or ride in a old 60's or 70's muscle car, but muscle is power so any powerfull car could be a muscle car, and muscle car does NOT mean american, if you were to say American Muscle, then of course it would be. Thats probibly why on the speed channel the show is called American Muscle Car not Muscle Car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KustmAce
Real emo kids kill themselves.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:38 PM   #199
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Even after 30 years advancement in technology it take gobs of boost to be able to beat SOME muscle cars. How about, lets boost some muscle cars! Even 8 PSI is going to make some muscle cars break into the 9's. The EVO is already boosting 17, and the STI is something over 20.

BTW, I do like 4-bangers. I own one. I just hate people that think their 4-banger is better than muscle cars. And it sends chills through my spine when Hot Rod Magazine called the STI a ''Modern Musclecar''. Morons. It's like they forgot the good old days, when there was gobs of torque at 2000 RPM instead of 8000 RPM chain-saw 4-bangers.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:40 PM   #200
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um...Nameless Dork
just stop this gay fucking argument, and i have not had the pleasure to drive or ride in a old 60's or 70's muscle car, but muscle is power so any powerfull car could be a muscle car, and muscle car does NOT mean american, if you were to say American Muscle, then of course it would be. Thats probibly why on the speed channel the show is called American Muscle Car not Muscle Car.
Tell me a muscle car of the 60's that wasn't American.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:44 PM   #201
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWMAN
Tell me a muscle car of the 60's that wasn't American.

your the biggest dumbass ever, i was was talking about modern cars suck as the vette, cobra, or viper. So just shut up. i never said that.
Quote:
Old 12-14-2003, 04:08 PM   #202
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Quote:
your the biggest dumbass ever, i was was talking about modern cars suck as the vette, cobra, or viper. So just shut up. i never said that.
Hmm, all the cars you named are American. LOL
And like I said before there is NO modern muscle cars. No such thing.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:13 PM   #203
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared_80
I guss that all of the muscleheads are getting defensive after the Japs started to bring over their next genaration sports cars. The Evo rocks. 13.06 in the 1/4 faster than the GT500 faster than the superbird faster than the Boss 429, and it gets good fuel economy, and you can carry your friends along to watch you smoke those outdated lumps of iron. I guss that if I was brainwashed enough to believe in American iron I would be definsive too.
Quote:
A comparison
This is you beloved EVO specs QM based on the car weighing 2560 #

Horsepower Results - 1/4 Mile Method
Your EVO weighs about 2560 pounds and can complete a 1/4 mile in about 13.4 seconds. That means that you've got about 210.29 HP at the wheels, and about 273.37 HP at the flywheel.

This would be a 1969 Camaro based on it weighing 3450 #

Horsepower Results - 1/4 Mile Method
Your Camaro weighs about 3450 pounds and can complete a 1/4 mile in about 13.4 seconds. That means that you've got about 283.40 HP at the wheels, and about 368.41 HP at the flywheel.

with the Camaro we would have to make 95.04 More hp at the fly wheel to get the same result, and 73.11 more hp at the wheels to get the same result. But it's easy to wring another 100 hp out of all those cubes.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:14 PM   #204
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

errrrrrrrrr! ok, i dont know where you said that i said there were non-American muscle cars in the 60's.
Quote:
Old 12-14-2003, 04:16 PM   #205
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWMAN
Hmm, all the cars you named are American. LOL
And like I said before there is NO modern muscle cars. No such thing.

ok your entitle to your own opinion, i asked for it, but you told me and can now shut up.

NO modern muscle cars=what you think
There are modern muscle cars=what i think now we can stop arguing and agree to disagree
Quote:
Old 12-14-2003, 04:17 PM   #206
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Not any
No such a thing, no point to try.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:20 PM   #207
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Quote:
ok your entitle to your own opinion, i asked for it, but you told me and can now shut up.

NO modern muscle cars=what you think
There are modern muscle cars=what i think now we can stop arguing and agree to disagree

here i added to it. try what?
Quote:
Old 12-14-2003, 04:25 PM   #208
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Only Americans built muscle cars

This is why thay call them American muscle cars, nobody ever said that just any knind of car with a little power could be a muscle cars. It's a lot of different things that make it a muscle car, the first and foremost, it's built in America, it sounds like satan himself when it pulls up, you can hear it coming for blocks away, and it doedn't sound like a beefed up lawn moer. A muscle car makes you fell like nobody can touch you when your behind the wheel, you don't just hang that name on any car that you desire to.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:30 PM   #209
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcatkin

This is why thay call them American muscle cars, nobody ever said that just any knind of car with a little power could be a muscle cars. It's a lot of different things that make it a muscle car, the first and foremost, it's built in America, it sounds like satan himself when it pulls up, you can hear it coming for blocks away, and it doedn't sound like a beefed up lawn moer. A muscle car makes you fell like nobody can touch you when your behind the wheel, you don't just hang that name on any car that you desire to.

remember the agree to disagree? come on and shut up! dude, you are so annoying. ok U SAID YOUR OPINION SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Old 12-14-2003, 04:43 PM   #210
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude97
Well what i dont get is all the muscle cars are V6,V8 and also rear wheel drive and all the little ricers are v4 and front wheel drive and they still keep up with ur v8 with the 7.0L. Oh and the 30,000 u would spend on a camaro i would put that money in to a f----- civic and it will smoke the shit out of ur camaro. OH the thing u were all talking about having these new cars running nos and turbos they have crx's running i belive low 10s all motor and its a front wheel drive.
Now the fast and the furious evo was built for a show car not a drag car.
It has a full sound system and all the little shit that u wouldnt need for a drag car. and it is not tuned for the 1/4.
Quote:
Obvously you don't know
When was the last 4 popper off the showroom floor that you seen pull 1/4 in the 11's huh.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical