Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Highlander/Highlander Hybrid/Kluger
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
Malski1972
AF Newbie

White Smoke just at start up

Hi...maybe someone here can help. My wife and I just bought a used 2003 Highlander Limited 2WD w/3.0 V6 with 94,000 miles. It was very clean and drove like new and has never been in an accident. We noticed the day after we got it home that at start up, there was some whitish smoke from the tailpipe that didn't look normal. It is summertime and 75 degrees outside, so we should see anything. It goes away after about 1 minute, and seems to drive fine. I checked the fluids, and the antifreez and oil sem to be at the correct levels. Can this be due to a gasket leak, a bad PVC valve, or something else I am missing? Has anyone else have this problem with this 3.0 V6? Thanks in advance for your help or advise...Michael
Malski1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:19 AM   #2
Ivan Hutchins
AF Newbie

Re: White Smoke just at start up

Whit smoke is just starting. I am not a mechanic so advising you to go to mechanic urgently.
Ivan Hutchins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
typesix
AF Regular

Yes, take it to a mechanic for a check. White smoke could mean a head gasket problem, keep checking the coolant level till you get it to a mechanic.
typesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #4
okundalaye kayode
AF Newbie

Am kayode by name, take ur car to garage and tell d technician to check d A/F sensor, and Air flowmeter sensor as well.
okundalaye kayode is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Highlander/Highlander Hybrid/Kluger