Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 02:37 PM   #46
Adooublejones
AF Newbie

Anti -Theft System 98 Dodge Caravan ES 3.8 ltr.

Hello, I have a 98 Dodge Caravan ES 3.8ltr. I'm experiencing a problem with my anti theft system. I dont have the remote only the key, which has been working fine till recently. Now my van is enabling the anti theft on its own. I looked it up online found out different ways to dis-alarm it. But its a total inconvenience! I called the Dodge dealership but they want entirely to much money to see whats wrong! Does anyone know what I must do in order to get the alarm working correctly and be able to drive my van? Please help!!!!!
Adooublejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 01:13 AM   #47
CaraVanDam
AF Newbie

Re: body control module "98"

I was also having issues with my 99 Dodge Grand Caravan sport out of nowhere the fuel gauge would drop to EMPTY and the LOW FUEL LAMP/INDICATOR would come on triggering the LOW FUEL SOUND/CHIME as well even if the tank was full, half full or wherever.. it would do this at random! but it did not affect me driving the van in any way. Sometimes it would just completely stay on EMPTY for a few days! pumping gas would not make a difference I also noticed that when the fuel gauge was not working my interior electric door lock switches would not respond manually to open or close. Although my alarm remote did respond to open and close the locks. "Weird" Then, a third problem came along.. the first speed of my windshield wipers is supposed to be intermittent speed it would act as a high or medium speed. Also when I had the headlights on, my clock radio and the gear selector lights on the dash (D) (N) (R) etc would flicker/pulsate as they pleased! Any given day, the fuel gauge would return to work as normal .. door locks as well .. along with the other issues described then it would happen all over again .. either just the fuel gauge and locks or everything or just 1 thing would not work again etc! Just wanted to explain my symptoms so that others could compare to their situation. Long story short, I removed the BCM, wrote down the part # which was 4686492AE by the way Looked it up on ebay and found a few of them, found one with a good price, for me at least! (60$) and I received it, installed it and all works great now! Right before I replaced the BCM with the one from Ebay I checked everything, neither fuel, locks, or 1st speed wipers were working. Right when I installed the replacement, everything worked perfectly! it took me about 2 hours I'm not the smallest guy so getting under the dash in between the driver seat to work at a 45 degree angle is a pain in the neck! have patience a cool drink and good luck! PS: Your miles will change to whatever miles the replacement part van had. I had 300k .. new miles were 155k .. the bcm stores the miles as well. if anyone needs a manual on how to remove the bcm you can see this page here. BCM REMOVE MANUAL http://www.jamesmskipper.us/AutoRepa...placement.html Tools needed Phillips screwdriver Socket wrench with sockets & extension
CaraVanDam is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager