Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Acadia
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
snorander
AF Newbie

Front Sunroof Shade problem

So I have a 2008 Acadia with the dual moon roofs while trying to get the front sunshade to locked into the open position I pulled to hard and the roller in the back came undone. I was able to get it back on where it goes but now it does not roll back by itself. I'm guessing it is like the window shades in my house and has to be wound up/pre loaded before it is put back into place. Anyone out there have or experience the same thing? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Steve
snorander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
snorander
AF Newbie

Re: Front Sunroof Shade problem

Awesome, Thanks!

Do you have a guess as to what it would cost me to have this done if I take it to the dealer?

Thanks again,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech1 View Post
Front Sunroof Sunshade Will Not Retract Or Sags - keywords headliner inoperative interior shade sun trim - (Sep 14, 2007)

Subject:Front Sunroof Sunshade Will Not Retract or Sags

Models:2008 Buick Enclave
2007-2008 GMC Acadia
2007-2008 Saturn Outlook

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/newsi/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2012177&from=sm#N65563">Condition/Concern:

The front sunshade will not retract or appears to sags. This may be caused by no spring tension on the sunshade roller. If the sunshade spring tension has released, it will be necessary to rewind it.
<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/newsi/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2012177&from=sm#N65572">Recommendation/Instructions:

To rewind the sunshade spring, turn the sunshade roller end slot 20 times in the counterclockwise direction.

The shaft in the picture above has been pulled out to show the hole in the shaft.
On one end of the sunshade roller, there is a small hole for a locking pin (see picture above). After turning the sunshade roller end slot 20 times, it will be necessary to install a small pin through the sunshade roller and into the shaft to hold the spring tension on the sunshade during the installation process. After the sunshade is installed in the vehicle, remove the locking pin.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2012 General Motors. All rights reserved.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
gmtech1
AF Enthusiast

If they make you pay, I would guess .5hrs to 1.0hrs, whatever the dealers labor rate is.
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gmtech1 For This Useful Post:
snorander (06-29-2012)
Old 06-29-2012, 05:58 AM   #4
snorander
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech1 View Post
If they make you pay, I would guess .5hrs to 1.0hrs, whatever the dealers labor rate is.
Thanks GMTech1!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #5
Jeff Collision
AF Newbie

You can install drain tube extension assemblies, and ensure that the water drains properly. Also you might be able to clear out by buying a can of compressed air and squirting it in the drain hole.
Jeff Collision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
snorander
AF Newbie

Thanks for the info, what an easy fix, took all of 15 min to get working properly. All you need is a pair of pliers & a paper clip.

Thanks again!

Steve
Old 08-29-2021, 07:33 PM   #7
jcarreyman
AF Newbie

The links in this answer are no longer working. Does anyone know where this information can be found?
jcarreyman is offline   Reply With Quote