Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 07:48 PM   #1
Ralph50
AF Regular

AC water on passenger front carpet

2001 Lesabre-158K-Manual HVAC.
So I don't understand why there is water now coming on my carpet. Never happened before. Its been a great car. I smelled the water and does not have any smell.
I will go underneath tomorrow and look around
Ralph50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:59 PM   #2
Ralph50
AF Regular

Re: AC water on passenger front carpet

Found a black 90 deg elbow for the AC evaporator water drain. Had to go underneath, about 3 inches from exhaust toward pass side of vehicle. Could not see it, but could feel it, so pulled it off and immediately put a 5/8 hose attached to my tank vac and sucked out about 2 1/2 quart of water. Cleaned the elbow (approx 1.25 x 1.25) and put a little silicone on face of elbow and put back on. Hope all goes well.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:18 PM   #3
Ralph50
AF Regular

Surprise dont understand it but it leaked water again on the carpet. I performed the same thing as before with the tank vac. Another 2 1/2 qt of water. I don't understand what is preventing the water from draining out. Maybe a fur ball ???. Hard to imagine what could block water that well to prevent it from draining. Thinking there is something blocking the exit I put a 3/16 inch shrink tubing through a hole I made in the elbow. So the shrink tubing is in a horizontal orientation, pointing front to back, and inside the plastic part of the HVAC nipple approx 2 inches. My thought process is that if something is blocking the exit of water it wont block the small hose and the elbow where the small hose goes into it. I did notice when putting the hose on the nipple with the tank vac, that it did not pull all water, there was a stream of water, but would think the vac would have pulled the water faster. Maybe there is dirt at the bottom the HVAC housing.
Symptoms,,, water spitting out of AC vents. After AC was on for a while the bottom of AC housing inside vehicle was very cold, makes sense since the water was getting cold. As i think of it, there was seldom water under the car from the AC.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:46 PM   #4
DrRadar
Just a guy

Blockage of that drain is most likely problem. Make sure no blockage in the rubber elbow; stuff sometimes grows in there. It's also possible that ice is forming on evaporator due to low refrigerant charge. I've seen that many times on building a/c but not so much on auto. Check your blower motor: accumulated water could damage it.
98 Grand Prix GTP Sedan (RIP)
99 Grand Prix GTP Coupe (to the moon)
05 Wrangler Unlimited (Junior's)
03 Explorer XLT (Sissy's)
DrRadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:23 PM   #5
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Also check to see if the plastic firewall filler is crumbling, allowing water to wick through the sound insulation and into the interior.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre