Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Park Avenue
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
ohio45344
AF Newbie

ABS Traction control Module (HELP)

I have a 1998 Buick Park avenue. I just replaced both front hubs, rotors and brakes. My ABS and Traction control lights are still on. I took it to the shop before putting the new hubs on and they said it needed a ABS control Module. They also said my hubs where bad so I replaced the Hubs first hoping to fix the problem. Well it didnt work. Is the ABS control module dificult to change? I cant seem to find any detailed instructions on removing it. I surley cant affor what the dealer wants to repair it? Thanks in advance and have a Happy New Year.
ohio45344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
ohio45344
AF Newbie

Re: ABS Traction control Module (HELP)

Does the cruise control have anything to do with the ABS Traction control Module? Also is there a multifunction switch? If so where is it located? Thanks again I look forward to your response.
ohio45344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
82Stang
AF Enthusiast

I have a 99 PA and have been through about 3 sets of hubs for the fronts over 5 or so years now. The parts store told me they were crap to begin with and they are a hot seller. I've heard this multiple times from stores mechanics etc. All the work was done myself.

One thing I can say, is the hubs can be sensitive so install them to specs, meaning torque to exactly what is prescribed. Also check the plugs for dirt, debris etc and make sure there is a good connection. It could be as simple as a bad connection. I would be leery of this actually being an ABS motor failure unless proven to me.

What was the code that the shop got when they scanned the car? Each time I had trouble, the same code came up for each of the fronts. It was the hubs. Your case may not be the same, but I'd make sure before buying something like an ABS motor, or junkyard parts. Also when the ABS is not working, the cruise doesn't work either, If I remember correctly.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
4x4junkie
AF Regular

if your having trouble with ABS and cruise control not working, it is more likely a fault vss (Vehicle Speed Sensor) or WSP wheel speed sensor feeding information to the computer which in turn controls the Cruise control and ABS modules.
4x4junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
abs , control , front , hubs , traction
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Park Avenue