Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
JustInKase
AF Newbie

Lightbulb I need some advice as to why my car wont pass inspection....

Hey guys, well I have a few problems, any and all advice is greatly appreciated! I have a 2001 Spyder Eclipse Gs (convt.)

Problem # 1: Ok, I took my car to get inspected (I live in Texas) and it did not pass.. It stated that the Catalyst and the EGR were "NOT READY" but everything else was fine. Now, there are no codes present, no check engine light or anything present. I had my front o2 sensor replaced about 4 months ago because there was a code on for that previously, but I have driven 200+ miles since then. A lot of people have been telling me to just keep driving it, but in a normal week I hardly drive my car at all because I live and work in the same apartments so there is no need for me to drive. Would it be a good idea to disconnect the battery and try driving it those certain amount of miles again? Someone suggested getting the back o2 sensor done, and cleaning the EGR out.

Problem # 2: When I am sitting in traffic for a short amount of time after I have been driving, my temp gauge in my car starts to go up past the half way mark, but when I start driving it goes back down to normal. I noticed this happening, so one day I just went outside and started my car and let it idle for about 30 minutes (about the amount of time that i would have been driving) and it stayed where it is suppose to be.

Problem # 3: My front two tires don't hold air like they should. I have to put air in them everytime that i want to drive somewhere, and the other day I went to put air into the passenger right side and it would not fo past 20PSI.. when it hit 20 it would start making a kinda humming noise. I was reading about this problem with other eclipses like mine, and a lot of people were saying that the stock rims that come on the car are made of crappy metal, and just driving in normal condition.. ( bumps or pot holes in the road etc) that the rims could bend and cause air to be leaking from the tires... I was wondering if anyone has encountered this?

Alright, well that is all that is going on. Again any help would be greatly appreciated, I just really want to finally get my inspection done!
JustInKase is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
egr , emissions , inspection , overheating , tires
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+