Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 02:59 AM   #1
mrstubb
AF Newbie

Unhappy 4R55E Front End Play Check Gauge Bar T93T-77003-AH

I am rebuilding the 4R55E from my 98 Explorer. I have an ATSG Techtran Manual that I have been following step-by-step. I have made it to a step that the manual calls "Perform the Front End Play Check". In the instructions for this, it says:
  • Place "Gauge Bar T93T-77003-AH" across the case. Then, place a micrometer on the gauge bar, extending probe until it contacts pump surface. Next, read micrometer & subtract thickness of gauge bar (17.78mm [0.700 in]). Record as dimension "A".
  • Move gauge bar to opposite side of case. Repeat the steps above and record measurement as dimension "B". Add dimensions "A" & "B" together & divide by 2. This is the front end clearance, dimension "C".
  • If the average is below specification, choose a thinner washer. If it is above specification, choose a thicker washer. The front end specification is 0.018 - 0.64mm (0.007 - 0.025 in).
My question: Is there any alternative method of doing this?

I have tried to find the gauge bar but no one has one. I considered substituting it with something having the same measurements, but am not sure that will work. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should/can do?
mrstubb is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
4r55e , bar , clearance , end , gauge
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac