Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Mirage
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
devindoesntknow7
AF Newbie

Exclamation Need Help With 98 Mirage 2dr Headlights!!!

OK here it goes, i am new at this kind of stuff...but anyway i am trying to install aftermarket headlights on my 98 2dr mirage.(trying) But i cannot seem to get the original factory headlights out . So i heard that taking the front bumper off would make this process way easier....but i cannot get that off either !!! Someone help please
devindoesntknow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
devindoesntknow7
AF Newbie

Re: Need Help With 98 Mirage 2dr Headlights!!!

never mind Got it all done....by myself! But for future replacements like that...when the company states that there projector headlights are a direct fit for your specific make....its a lie.

Since most cars have seperate cornering lenses and headlights, the projector headlights (some) are one piece. Making it impossible for the bulb to fit in correctly without modification.(my problem) So i had to cut into the old factory housing for the original headlight assembly where it was screwed in horizontally. I had to cut in and make a clearence space for the bulb to fit it was about 1.5-2 in. in and then folded back to prevent the wire from being cut.

Overall, when buying these types of lights prepare for modification wheter it states "direct fit" or not. And look into if hardware is included, because mine did not and luckily i had some bolts laying around that fit perfectly. Thanks for no help though everyone, and good luck.
devindoesntknow7 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Mirage