Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 04:35 PM   #31
logik23
Banned

Send a message via MSN to logik23
Re: New 240SX and GT-R

I dunno about him, but when I say "autos are for women" I mean soccer moms and men who can't drive stick.
logik23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 05:12 PM   #32
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper

wheres SR to come and regulate when hes needed?
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 05:34 PM   #33
SR20DETpower
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SR20DETpower
Re: Re: New 240SX and GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlo
No it won't be cool, skyline gt-r with automatic is just pure GAY!!! It's like putting a normal auto in the F1, it does not belong there. Automatics are for woman or old people.
Ohh and WRC and F1 have the most advanced tip-tonic tranies, they use them because at those speeds you need to concentrate and don't have time for anything else, plus you need to grip that steering wheel whith everything you have. If you race at speeds over 200mph then I understand you, if all you do is race for fun and just drive around you should not be permitted an automatic.

thats not true F1 uses that because it is faster, other open wheel racing sanctions still use regular clutch gearbox with shiftere.

Also anyway u cut it, a manual is not as fast as an automatic, seriously both from a stop all the advantages are in the automatics favor, and then factor in driver error. I can't wait to drive a 7 speed haha I drove a 5 speed jaguar 4.0... the tech on the extra gear is the overdrive band kicks in on the first gear making the ratio smaller slightly... point is 2nd gear pulls fucking strong and fast...
SR20DETpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 05:43 PM   #34
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Word....

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
1viadrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 07:09 PM   #35
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

the skyline is a skyline. The infiniti g35 now is the exact same (except for obvious things like driver side and shit which is regulated by government) as the one in japan which is called a skyline. The engine we get over here is the best engine they get over there too. Go to nissan world headquarters man. Dont get your panties in a bunch my god. The next skyline will be the best skyline ever made trust me on that one. The designer of the skyline wont just all of the sudden make it a grocery getter, iv already read where he himself(some crazy japanese name that i dont remember or could spell) said that it will probably be the best model ever, and is supposed to run from porsche. Whats better for the car is better for the car, its a skyline there going to make it have all the best potential it could possibly have. So if this 7 speed "pussy matic" has the ability to be more efficient and faster on shifting i would take it. But i guess you wouldnt cuz well your not a pussy are you. Id take it and call me a pussy i dont care, i am what i eat, someday when you grow up you'll understand that comment. If its better its better, im sure a quicker shift would make you forget all about a stick. THink about it, the stick would in a way make you slower, which means you would be dissappointed and would then consider the faster so called "pussy matic".
Chuki_breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 08:05 PM   #36
logik23
Banned

Dude, of course it will be faster, handle better, all those things, all new cars are like that, look at the new M5, runs circles around the old one, but...I udnno, look it's hard to explain, it's just not the same, if you like it, good for you, but I don't.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:22 PM   #37
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

Like J SPEC said a while back....
Quote:
Fuck a v6
And now, Fuck a V10. And I don't care if a paddle-shift, playstation 2 controller, X Box live sequential shifter is faster, manual transmissions are more fun to drive. Rich people are ruining cars. The supra and the skyline deserve I6 engines just like they have always had.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 08:34 PM   #38
orestes
AF Fanatic

yeah striaght sixes are way cooler than v6's. seriously... fuck a v6.
orestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 08:35 PM   #39
NiSmO_zt
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to NiSmO_zt

ok, wow, mad flaming of the auto, werd to those fellas. it is true that autos can be faster in a drag race, but forget it on a road course, and thats where real drivers accel.

secondly, the F1 transmissions aren't automatic, automatics have planetary gears and bands, f1 trannies are just solenoid operated manuals that shift in like .06 seconds.

next, all these new cars with "sport shift" and "slap stick" are automatic trannies that can be manually shifted, whoopdy frickin do.

thirdly, on the actual topic of this forum, the new 240sx (s16?) *was* slated to have 2 doors, and rear wheel drive. the engines were odd, however. recently, renault(owns nissan) said the engines were a vg20, vg23, and a vg23 sc. these are 2.0L v6, 2.3L v6, and a super-charged 2.3L v6, respectively. i hate blowers, they just kill the free reving. i dont like it very much, but who know what will actually come out. as good as they did wiht the new Z and G, i keep my hopes high for the rest of the line.

my $.02

oh yeah, and 1viadrift, good luck with the tt swap, i hear that is one of the hardest ones to do. why not just an rb?

cheers
cj
Old 12-20-2004, 08:48 PM   #40
logik23
Banned

Finally some supporters!!!
Old 12-21-2004, 12:58 AM   #41
AWDSR20
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AWDSR20 Send a message via MSN to AWDSR20

lol logic.... i love manual. yeah as i said cars are not made for us, there made for the public.

E.K.
AWDSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 07:50 AM   #42
Mediocrity
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mediocrity Send a message via MSN to Mediocrity Send a message via Yahoo to Mediocrity

Sequential > H-Pattern

If you're "road racing" and you miss a shift, you're fucked.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:40 PM   #43
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

Who cares whats faster. H patterns are much more fun to drive and much less expensive.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 04:02 PM   #44
logik23
Banned

Re: Re: New 240SX and GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanfanatic
Who cares whats faster. H patterns are much more fun to drive and much less expensive.
That's what I've been trying to say!!!
Old 12-21-2004, 04:34 PM   #45
phoenix_fire180SX
AF Newbie

OK, V8 would stink. A twin-turbocharged V6 would be better IMO. I prefer smaller efficient engines to bigger less efficient engines assuming the same power output. Turbocharged cars generally have really nice torque curves (when done right with minimal lag). As soon at the turbo spools up, you should have a rather flat torque curve. A twin-turbo design is usually more efficient and less laggy. A flat-plane V8 wouldn't be too bad, I suppose. But I'm not sure if Nissan's V8s are flat-plane (like a Ferrari V8) or cross-plane (typical American V8). Flate-plane is a superior V8 design from a performance perspective.

I'll agree that that an inline 6 is superior to a V6 when just considering the engine. An I6 is naturally harmonically balanced; the only engine designs like that are an I6, V12, and a rotary. This reduces the weight of the internal components of the engine because balancer shafts are not required. V6s are not naturally harmonically balanced, but are still very well balanced. They require only one balancer shaft, and possibly none at all if the car is engineered so. The main problem from a V6 is that since their are two seperate banks of 3 cylinders, the valvetrains are also duplicated. This adds weight and robs power.

However, when you consider the entire car including the chassis, a V6 is better because it allows the engine to be placed in a better position for better balance for the whole car. And looking from a more practical perspective, a V6 or an I6 makes little difference if they both accelerate the car equally fast (which means equal power output), but it does make a difference if the V6 allows for noticably better handling because of better weight balancing.

And I'm not going to even go into detail about the superiority of a sequential gear box over a traditional stick shift. All I'll say is that a sequential gear box is a computer-controlled manual transmission, not an automatic. It uses clutchless (meaning no user controlled clutch) paddle shifting, which is easier to operate. True automatics weigh more and lose more power in the transmission.

A sequential gear box is superior in track racing because it allows for faster and easier shifting. Assuming that is what the new Skyline GT-R has (and idk why Nissan would put a real automatic std in a Skyline GT-R), then you have no reason to complain; Nissan is simply putting the best transmission from a performance perspective. A normal stick shift would be nice to reduce costs though, then the sequential gear box could be a performance option.

Edit: Wow; that was a big typo... I said I'd prefer a cross-plane V8, then went on to say flat-plane V8s were better performance-wise. Doh!

Last edited by phoenix_fire180SX; 12-24-2004 at 03:48 PM.
phoenix_fire180SX is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX