Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 04:09 PM   #46
Partizan
AF Enthusiast

Re: afte burners

Yay for people's ignorance of Classic Rock Music, actually it's Jim Morrison lol. From the band The Doors in the late 60s. Love his music, his philosophies and what not. Funny how you critique this pic but Bill Clinton is normal?

Partizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 04:35 PM   #47
RedFC3S
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: afte burners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuki_breath
well this weekend or sometime have someone take one while following you and plz post it up, that would be nice.
yeah, ill try to borrow a digital camera or something

1990 RX-7 Turbo II, Streetport, 62-1 Ball Bearing Turbo, FMIC, R.E. Amemiya exhaust, Haltech E6K, GReddy gauges, Apex-i AVC-R, and much much more

Under a complete Time Attack/Drift makeover
RedFC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 04:38 PM   #48
RedFC3S
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: afte burners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partizan
Actually it's not limited to F1 cars I was just giving you an example which you were more likely to see on T.V. to show that they don't have spark plugs in the exhuast.

And if you knew anything about turbos you'd know that most street performance cars run rich on turbos due to the fact they vent atmospherically unless they put on a translator and moved the Air Flow meter. Ideally you wouldn't want to be rich or lean obviously.

Owned? Yes... because you were right in saying that there was no way to get the flames from the exhaust other than a spark plug? Oh wait, as I remember it and most people on here who have seen street cars do it when downshifting, looks like you were wrong. Here's a hint buddy, don't claim you owned someone until you have some facts straight.
I think you just StallOWNED yourself, "And if you knew anything about turbos you'd know that most street performance cars run rich on turbos due to the fact they vent atmospherically unless they put on a translator and moved the Air Flow meter."
WTF are you talking about?

Oh, and about the whole Jim Morrison thing, you seem like one of those whiney 16 year olds who find a dead singer and worship him because its the "non-conformist thing to do."

1990 RX-7 Turbo II, Streetport, 62-1 Ball Bearing Turbo, FMIC, R.E. Amemiya exhaust, Haltech E6K, GReddy gauges, Apex-i AVC-R, and much much more

Old 10-26-2004, 04:50 PM   #49
Partizan
AF Enthusiast

Ok, say on my GSX I decided to vent my BOV atmospherically instead of re-circulating thte boost build up. Because of the fact that the air is metered before the BOV if you vent it, the air you vented isn't present anymore but the car already inputted the amount of fuel that is equal to the air it metered so you end up running rich. If I was set on venting I would have to put on a translator and move the Air Flow meter to after the BOV so as to meter the amount of air present AFTER it is vented. You can find more on it on websites liek howstuffworks.com or ask around, everyone knows what atmospheric venting is so...

And just so you know I first heard a Doors song by accident and then downloaded more and then found out that Jim Morrison was in the band, I didn't know he was dead I just liked his music. I didn't agree with some of his atnics, and I think he was stupid for drinking himself to death and all the drug abuse. But congratulations on jumping to conclusions.

Old 10-26-2004, 08:39 PM   #50
RedFC3S
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
And just so you know I first heard a Doors song by accident and then downloaded more. But congratulations on jumping to conclusions.
wow, your old school

Old 10-26-2004, 08:49 PM   #51
kcap122
AF Enthusiast

RedFC3S has 0wned me in the past, but Partizan, do you honestly believe that someone with a turbo that is set up CORRECTLY is going to run rich? Thats just going to lose power, and undermine the point of the turbo.

Whatever dude. also Jim Morrison's philosophy was a direct result of all the acid and alcohol he was on, so you kind of have to take it with a grain of salt.

Want to worship some dead singer? Try Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon or Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91300zxtt
CLEARCHANNEL rules!!!!!!!, the concert hall i work for is owned by them.
kcap122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 08:58 PM   #52
R.W.240
Banned

An intersting aside... F1 cars have blow off valves.

anyhoo I see what Partizan is saying (as hard as it was) hes talking about losing the air already metered by the MAF and the engine dumping the same amount of fuel in. Its confusing because that really isnt running rich its more or less just a shitty quirk you get when you want the Pfft sound. I precive "running rich" as more of an on throttle condition.

Turbo cars do usually run richer than N/A cars just because they pump more air (hotter too) and who doesnt want a safety net? also all cars do run rich at full thottle. (yes even a GEO metro) a 14.7:1 A/F at full thottle is way too much heat for even built engines to handle.

"Im not gonna be conformist and conform to you non-conformists"

"dude, we just got goth served."

-Southpark
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:31 PM   #53
Partizan
AF Enthusiast

lol thx for rephrasing me it's hard for me to explain technical stuff on computers.

RedFC3S, yeah, just because I didn't discover the doors till sometime about 2 years ago doesn't mean shit. I listened to different bands when a cousin let me listen to a record he had and I asked what it was. So let's pop a few more Midols and get that PMS under control.

kcap, notice how I said STREET not track, I could list of tons of people who vent the BOV without caring about it being set up properly, I never said it was the proper way. I recirc mine because I'd rather have my engine run more efficiently than have the Psst be a few decibals louder. Just because a singer dies does that mean that you can't have respect for their music anymore? If so you must have a real hard time liking music. And that was just me mistyping when I said philosophy I meant more like his poetry and outlooks, I don't always agree but it's just interesting to look at how he viewed things. What's more I don't need your ignorant ass lecturing me on what I should listen to and what singers or musicians I should consider significant.

Old 10-26-2004, 09:35 PM   #54
kcap122
AF Enthusiast

(internet flaming is hilarious)

While the very last thing I want is someone with a bad attitude like you listening to the same music as me, because that would just make me feel stupider; i like the doors too and i was makin fun of you for the fact that (as it seemed) you only liked jimmy m because he died.

So i suggested some other singers that burnt out. you win either way. nice job, guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91300zxtt
CLEARCHANNEL rules!!!!!!!, the concert hall i work for is owned by them.
kcap122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:12 PM   #55
Partizan
AF Enthusiast

Lol, ok I don't worship him because he's dead, I just don't like new stuff as much but some is ok, I like his music, not the man. But whatever, Yeah, I find internet flaming pointless so w.e., Sorry if i came across as a prick but I don't like people trying to impede on my style.

Old 10-26-2004, 11:59 PM   #56
RedFC3S
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Lol, ok I don't worship him because he's dead, I just don't like new stuff as much but some is ok, I like his music, not the man. But whatever, Yeah, I find internet flaming pointless so w.e., Sorry if i came across as a prick but I don't like people trying to impede on my style.
You should check out The Mars Volta, not all new music sucks ass

Old 10-27-2004, 06:49 AM   #57
SR20DETpower
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SR20DETpower
Kcap I don't know exactly what kind of fuel f1 cars use, but I doubt its like jet fuel... which is more or less deisel fuel.
SR20DETpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:01 AM   #58
musicsurfman
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to musicsurfman Send a message via MSN to musicsurfman

Actually F1 Fuel Is Pretty Much Methanol Which Is Similar To What Top Fuel Dragsters Use. Jet-a Is Far More Potent Than Diesel And Very Very Flammable.

EMAIL CONTACT:
PROJECTRB240SX@HOTMAIL.COM
musicsurfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:58 AM   #59
Partizan
AF Enthusiast

I think I saw some where that the fuel that F1 uses is invisible when it burns.

And Red, haven't heard of them before, I know not all new music sucks but in general I don't like it but sometimes I find some songs I like, I'll give those guys a listen.

Old 10-27-2004, 09:50 AM   #60
musicsurfman
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to musicsurfman Send a message via MSN to musicsurfman

Yes, F1 Cars Like Alot Of Other Race Cars Have An Invisible Fire Because They Burn So Hot. If You Ever See A Driver Get Out Of The Car And Run, Prance, Pat Himself Down, Roll Around, Etc. But You Don't See Anything Its Because He's On Fire.

EMAIL CONTACT:
PROJECTRB240SX@HOTMAIL.COM
musicsurfman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX