Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 11:49 PM   #61
UncleBenRep
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to UncleBenRep
Re: Dilema....honda accord vs. 240sx

hey im still here.....i was out of town for the weekend at a metallica concert. kicked ass.
UncleBenRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 11:57 PM   #62
UncleBenRep
AF Regular

i think ive come to the conclusion that im gonna go along with the 240sx. I had a pretty good feeling that you all would say the 240 over the accord, and i would agree too but i wanted to make sure...cuz i didnt know how fast the modded accord would be. I guess the only reason i doubted it was the fact that i already have the accord sitting waiting to be fixed and i have an engine i can get too and the parts will be somewhat cheaper if i can find the right dealers.....but i can always start over and find a sx.....and there arent that many sx's around here so i wouldnt be labeled a ricer i think....but thanks for making the decsion an obvious one.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:29 AM   #63
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

Send a message via AIM to sidewayzS13

it isnt the kind of car u have that makes u a ricer its what u do to it. ive seen some mustangs that i consider ricers even though they are domestics
sidewayzS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:50 AM   #64
UncleBenRep
AF Regular

thats what i was sorta kinda tryin to get at.....i hate the gaudy looking ricer cars with the huge apc wings....and those spinner hubs...u gotta love those. you really can do all your shopping at walmart cant you! Yea ive seen a couple domestics with huge wings and huge mufflers too and its a sad sad site to see....i pray for those cars to get better owners
Old 08-18-2004, 02:54 PM   #65
UncleBenRep
AF Regular

hey...ive been reading up on some sites about the rb25 and the rb26 swap. They are saying that the rb26 is a lil more work but it has much more hp potential then the rb25. I would agree with that. So if i were to get a rb26dett front clip which will prolly have the awd tranny...but then just buy a rwd tranny and sell the awd tranny....what else would i need besides the clip, rwd tranny, rb25 oilpan, custom driveshaft???...I was also reading up on Mckinney Motorsports and they are selling a downpipe that allows you to keep the TT setup on the rb????? but i thought the TT setup would affect the steering shaft???? or is it that the downpipe IS what affects the steering shaft?....o well, i would like to keep the TT setup but i will settle for the single turbo setup. I was also reading somewhere that in order to do the swap they said u need the crossmemebers from the rb20??? another question.....if the skyline is wider than the 240....then how do you use the front bumper????
Old 08-18-2004, 04:55 PM   #66
TheLogikal1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TheLogikal1

oooh, more potential? who gives a fuck? i doubt youre gonna hit 1000+ hp like the hardcore fkrs in japan, so dont even worry about it. fact of the matter is its an inline 6, bulletproof block with the ability to hold high levels of boost.

stop nit picking tiny little things for "potential" youll never use.

1994 lexus sc300 (dead)
tein cs
kenwood flip out 7'' screen

1995 Nissan 240sx 5 speed (dead)
GP Sports Spec-D exhaust
Custom Carbon Fiber Intake
17'' ricer wheels in Kumhos

hahaha stole this pose off of koguchi...my shirt makes me look fat...ahaha
TheLogikal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:47 PM   #67
LaYzIeNoY
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to LaYzIeNoY
potential who cares about potential espcially considering that most people will never max out their engines/cars

in theory anything and everything can sound nice, like lemme put a 350 small block into a little 240sx, [ya imm ranking on myself if you don't know but i don't care]

do what you really want to do, if you want the rb26dett then by all means get it, but if your only going in that direction becuase of what you have read about it being better in the end after you spend your life savings on it, don't

man.. ur going to close this thread but its funny comeon...
LaYzIeNoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:56 PM   #68
UncleBenRep
AF Regular

ah yes...the great Logikal1 showering me with his vast knowledge and wisdom....More potential...yes....who gives a fuck....I DO.....you doubt me....thats your first mistake.....I dont give you shit for having a KA or a SR in your car so dont give me shit for wanting to put a RB in mine. And no i prolly wont ever get to 1000hp....but ill have peace of mind when the rb26 is running 500-600hp and still has plenty of room for improvement over a high strung 500-600hp SR or rb25 that is tuned and tweaked to hell. Plus you have to look at the unique factor too....the RB26 is the rarer of the the RB swaps...and very uncommon around here. if it takes just a lil more work,gives you more power potential, makes your car unique, kicks the shit of the ricers.....then yea...im prolly gonna do it.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:40 PM   #69
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

Send a message via AIM to sidewayzS13

u can kick thre shit out of ricers w/ the rb25 both swaps are somewhat rare i mean how many people around u are doing the rb25 i bet not many and that "little bit of work" is going to be a lot of work and how much money do u have to drop on all this custom fabrication involved?
sidewayzS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 10:39 PM   #70
UncleBenRep
AF Regular

point taken....but some places say its a lot more work and other places say its not much more work.....so then wtf is it????? prolly also depends on the mechanic and his experience.....to some it will be a pain in the ass and to others it wont be.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:27 PM   #71
TheLogikal1
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Dilema....honda accord vs. 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenRep
ah yes...the great Logikal1 showering me with his vast knowledge and wisdom....More potential...yes....who gives a fuck....I DO.....you doubt me....thats your first mistake.

ahahah what a dork

go back to watching star trek

1994 lexus sc300 (dead)
tein cs

GP Sports Spec-D exhaust

Old 08-18-2004, 11:43 PM   #72
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

Do you want an example of potential? Alright, the SR20 has 2000cc of displacement. The RB26 has 2600cc of displacement. If the SR20 can make a theoretical 600whp and the RB26 can make a theoretical 1200whp, then for every 100cc of displacement, the engine can make 100whp more. The KA24 is a 2389(2400) cc engine. It is only 200cc smaller than the RB26. It has two less cylinders so take that into consideration. I believe there is potental there no matter how you look at it. Displacement is displacement, not matter what. Oh and name one LHD RB that runs 10's in the states besides company sponsored vehicles. Just face it, you are not going to get an RB26. Oh and if you are looking for a mechanic, then forget the RB26. What is the point of having such a fine machine capable of so much without knowing how to fix it? Don't take this post offesively, it is here to serve as a reality check. If you take the time ot read into this, you will realize how expensive this shit is. I did it after reading into the SR swap. And if you search this forum, you will see quite a few people just like yourself who wanted a RB26. Guess what? Haven't seen any on here that have done it. Trust me, you would be more than satisfied with a 300whp SR or KA. Just do some reading and find something a little more down to earth. And

Quote:
you doubt me...thats your first mistake
Please don't ever say that again.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:53 PM   #73
TheLogikal1
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Dilema....honda accord vs. 240sx

Quote:
high strung 500-600hp SR or rb25 that is tuned and tweaked to hell.

you idiot, tuned and tweaked to hell? an rb25 can easily handle 500 hp...jeez do some research you ricey fuck

its more unique? great...have fun having a different motor with a hole in your firewall

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanfanatic
Please don't ever say that again.
yeah dude, he's right

1994 lexus sc300 (dead)
tein cs

GP Sports Spec-D exhaust

Old 08-19-2004, 12:05 AM   #74
illbeatyourhonda
AF Regular

wow i feel the love.....
Old 08-19-2004, 08:03 AM   #75
SR20DETpower
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SR20DETpower
i doubt this kid will ever get too 500-600hp, in fact

I dobut he will ever get to 155hp LOLOLOL

I bet right now, he has one of those KIA ricer cars hahahah.

he wants to do RB swap cause its not common, THE RB ENGINE IS COMMON LOL, IT COMES IN SKYLINES OF ALL SORTS, ITS ALMOST AS COMMON AS A SR20DET. THE RB26DETT IS IN FACT OLDER THEN THE SR20DET AND KA24DE

it cousts THOUSANDS of THOUSANDS of dollars to maintain this stuff and swap it in. The engine is a top of the line performance motor, its not like the lil 1.6 liter in your Sentra. It is hard to find a RB motor, what I love the most are all these punk kids that say,

hey im gona swap in a RB cause its the best, it can easily hold 600hp and still be a daily driver...WRONG!....and when you do break your RB, you are fucked. Its hard to get the parts and the actual engine. Cause I always notice how they call it a daily driver LOL. A car powered by an engine that was never made in the conutry or sold in the country from the car manufactuer should not be considered a daily driver.

just keep the Accord, they aren't really that bad of cars. I've had one before and I might buy one again(90-93 owns you with the H22 vtec swap hahahaha) They have more parts that you would be interested in then a 240sx, they are cheaper, and its a Honda. ya ya ya I know, its Front wheel drive, ok that can be pretty lame sometimes...but when ur getting crazy, your less likely to wreck your car muhahah, and I've seen a lot of fast FWD cars, on the drag strip and on a road course, some of those properly tuned hondas you see on videos in japan really can kick some ass. lets not get dellusional here. If the honda crowd here started to modify their cars like that, I think Honda as a whole would get about 5x more respect in the States as a performance car. Its not like they are complete shit.
SR20DETpower is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX