Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat
JDM Motor & Parts info/chat Discussions on Mugen, Spoon etc. Plus, info on motor swaps (b18 's, b16's h22's etc) and other JDM info!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 11:48 PM   #1
SilentNightmare
AF Newbie

Question Should I Swap My Engine Or Get A New Car

I hope I'm in the right thread area, if im not, i apologize. I am curious to know some others opinions. I have a 91' Honda Accord LX and im contemplating swapping the engine for the exact same one or maybe a more powerful one. I recently had some issues with my current one and I did some testing and found out cylinder two has no compression whatsoever. I don't think I want to do a rebuild on it since it has 263k miles on it, is rather have a new engine with no/low miles. Do y'all think it would be worth swapping the engine? I really like the car itself and have done some work to it and don't really wanna lose it. And what engine do y'all think would be best to swap out for? I found a new f22a1 with a new transmission for $889, but I kinda want a more powerful engine if possible. I will have to have a shop do the swap for me also since I don't have the tools to do it myself. I appreciate any advice, and apologize if this post is a bit to long.
SilentNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilentNightmare For This Useful Post:
aryharun (05-11-2021)
Old 01-28-2018, 12:18 AM   #2
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

Re: Should I Swap My Engine Or Get A New Car

since your labor costs are probably gonna be about the same as the parts. Your car is only worth about $1200.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:52 AM   #3
SilentNightmare
AF Newbie

Yes, I realize the car isn't worth much but I figured since I like the body and I can do all the body work myself, it would be better to do the engine swap and in the end, have a mechanically sound vehicle for probably 2.5k-3k tops, rather than go and get another used vehicle for like 6k that might have issues I'm not aware of causing me to be more money in the hole. I'm honestly just afraid of buying another cruddy car like I have in the past. Do u think it'd be worth it?
Old 01-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #4
SilentNightmare
AF Newbie

Nevermind. Decided ill just get a new car and get rid of this one. Thanks though.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat