Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 07:56 PM   #1
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Exclamation Nissan to release new sports car in 2007 (GT-R)

from: Nissan to release new sports car in 2007 Japan Today, Japan - 4 hours ago
Nissan to release new sports car in 2007
Thursday, October 23, 2003 at 05:37 JST

CHIBA — Nissan Motor Co President Carlos Ghosn said Wednesday the automaker will launch a new sports car in 2007 that will serve as a successor model to the popular Skyline GT-R.

Ghosn said the new car will be put on sale around the world, unlike the Skyline GT-R which was sold solely in Japan until Nissan halted sales in August last year. (Kyodo News)
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 07:23 PM   #2
ZZII
AF Enthusiast

Re: Nissan to release new sports car in 2007 (GT-R)

Dude, it's nothing like the Skyline. It's like comparing the R34 and the 350ZX. Same maker different car. Now that i think of it...the GT-R is closer to the 350ZX than the R34.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:58 PM   #3
rsxer45
AF Premium User

Re: Re: Nissan to release new sports car in 2007 (GT-R)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZII
Dude, it's nothing like the Skyline. It's like comparing the R34 and the 350ZX. Same maker different car. Now that i think of it...the GT-R is closer to the 350ZX than the R34.
Firstly, where do you come off saying something like that? Nissan has not released any detailed information regarding the next GT-R. So how do you know it won't live up to its heritage. Not only that, we don't even know if it will be badged as a skyline or not. So how can you even make such a comparison? Such a statement is in my opinion both ignorant and unwarranted.

Secondly, what the hell is a 350ZX? I heard of a 350Z before but a 350ZX????? I think you are mistaken.

In my personal opinion, I believe Nissan will not let us down when the GT-R is released in 2007. Mr. Hiroshi Tamura and his team of engineers have promised not to disappoint the GT-R enthusiasts and I believe they will follow through. But we will never know for sure until Nissan starts giving us some more info.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."
---Murphy and Conner MacManus
rsxer45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:13 AM   #4
darklegend06
AF Newbie

Have you heard about the new concept for the R35. That concept is so lame. The skyline would never come to this shitty state. and why would some poeple buy a 90,000 car here. rather i would ust like it to be sold accross the ocean. then its the original car. post after this
darklegend06 is offline   Reply With Quote