Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Chevrolet Classics
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
Todj74
AF Newbie

3946074 Chevy Big Block Heads/ big journal 302 crank

Hello Everyone,I am new here and I have a couple of questions.I know there is a classified section,but I am not trying to sell this stuff just yet...just looking for info on how much this stuff may or may not be worth.

I have a set of aluminum heads with casting numbers 3946074 they are rectangular port aluminum...I looked up the cast numbers and they came out on 69-71 l88/l89, ZL1, LS6/LS7...not sure what the date codes are on mine.
They have no damage or welds to the stud boss area and are in great shape.They have had a piece broken off the valve cover rail and welded back on...it doesn't leak and is easily hidden by placing that head with the weld toward the firewall.
Also,my dad has a BRAND NEW never been in an engine,big journal 302 chevy crank. He has had it in the shop for YEARS...was purchased brand new for a USAC sprint car back when the cubic inch limit was 301-302 whatever it was then.Before the motor was built they changed the rules and allowed more cubes so the crank was never used. It is a GM crank.

Anyone who can give me a clue,please do so.Thank you. My email is Todj74@aol.com
Todj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:25 PM   #2
molhannah
AF Regular

Re: 3946074 Chevy Big Block Heads/ big journal 302 crank

There is a set on ebay for $5100.00 (to much for me) also saw a pair on a Vette site for $1000.00 it all depends on someone wanting to be a numbers match or muscle for the motor.
molhannah is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Chevrolet Classics