Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 11:04 PM   #886
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187
Re: Off-Topic Thread...

i will smoke cigars (and i dont even inhale) and that is it. never tried anything else, am never going to try anything else. i got better stuff in my life than for it to be screwed up by drugs.

anyways, i had a great b-day today. got to my first block and my friend got me a beanie that says "G-ROD" (inside joke), mom sent me a 1/2 lb., solid hershey kiss while i was at lunch. got home and opened my presents of z floor mats and jdm shift knob/boot. great day.

-Jared

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 11:17 PM   #887
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
my parents dont love me!!!
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 11:26 PM   #888
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3smostwanted
my parents dont love me!!!
Ah, thats okay, no one else likes you either.

Anyway, get some pics of how the floor mats look, I'm getting some in the next shipment of parts.

Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Broke_as_**** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 11:42 PM   #889
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Re: Re: Off-Topic Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke_as_****
Ah, thats okay, no one else likes you either.
ahh....good thing i dont care. f***ers!!!
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 12-08-2004, 11:55 PM   #890
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Off-Topic Thread...

Quote:
ahh....good thing i dont care. f***ers!!!
He says that, but hes crying inside.

To get off such odd topics, update the status of your various projects.

Project "Various Evil ****" is moving forward and on schedule.

The block and heads at the machine shop, need for any further work will be determined at that time.

The list for the second batch of parts has been created. Whatever is termined to be needed at the machine shop will be added and the second batch ordered.

The parts that will be reused have been cleaned and checked for servicablity.

Old 12-09-2004, 12:02 AM   #891
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

ok...

z32:
im still where i was but maybe a little more money saved. im on hold at $1200 right now. no job, but as soon as my very first car sells or i get a job, i will be able to order my front clip. oh yeah for christmas i am getting some much needed tools for my garage so that will be one less thing i will need to worry about.

z31:
my brand new auto paint gun is in the mail along with regulator. so it is just about ready for paint. the transmission is dropped and the new one is sitting there waiting for me to install it. i also am working on punching out the stock cat because it is bad anyways and then i will be ordering a new muffler and taking it to a shop to have them make me a new exhaust.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 12-09-2004, 12:16 AM   #892
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

broke........what all is the machine shop doing for you??? and how much are they charging you? just curious for future reference. thanks.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 12-09-2004, 12:31 AM   #893
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

-Tear down and rebuild the heads with the new cams and springs.

-Pull the bottom end apart and hone up or bore out the walls as needed.

-Balance the entire rotating assembly.

-Install all of new bottom end.

-Whatever else comes up.

Total expected cost: $600ish

Old 12-09-2004, 12:39 AM   #894
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Thourun

Quote:
i wanted to add in my point of view. i smoked heavily for almost 2 years. i was fucking doper and i have done many other things, and let me tell you kids, its not all what its cracked up to be. i had to learn the hard way. got myself in alot of trouble and it will always hurt me in the long run and the future. i cant even concentrate in school anymore. im just telling you guys. you will regret later. this is coming from someone who knows. they dont have those DARE classes just to piss you off. they do it for a reason and a damn good one. i am a huge supporter of no drug policies now. drinkin isnt all that bad for you every once in a while, hence why its legal once your old enough to make some smarter decisions. this is just my rant...do whatever you want but dont say nobody warned you. and for those of you who say no to drugs... i wish i would have....
So how old are you if you don't mind me asking?
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Soon:Topline Engineering ground wires.
Thourun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:39 AM   #895
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

nice...yeah my local machine shop quoted me at $500-$750 depending on the extent. so they werent trying to rip me off or anything...

so with the new valvetrain and fresh upgraded parts, at what RPM so you expect the power is gonna drop off??? well redline basically?

Thourun: im 18, i was joking about the kids part...
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 12-09-2004, 12:46 AM   #896
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
nice...yeah my local machine shop quoted me at $500-$750 depending on the extent. so they werent trying to rip me off or anything...
It is alot of work to do not to mention the fact that much of it requires special machinery. For all thats being done, its a pretty reasonable figure.

Quote:
so with the new valvetrain and fresh upgraded parts, at what RPM so you expect the power is gonna drop off??? well redline basically?
The cams are designed for a 3500-6000 range if I remember correctly but with the lighter internals and the extra beefiness of just about everything that moves it should be good for at least another 500 past the stock 7000. The JWT ecu resets the redline to 7300 anyway. When I get to a custom tuned chip I might toy with just how far I could go, 8000rpm isn't out of the picture although I don't know how hard the hydraulic lash adjusters will run. But hey, an 8000rpm VG30DETT, thats enough to get you to 200mph with the stock gear box.

Old 12-09-2004, 12:56 AM   #897
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

200mph...pshh. i did that on my bicycle yesterday.

but yeah....8000RPM would be really nice in the VG.

and yeah about the machine shop....i expected it to be alot more expensive than that for some reason but eh...ill take what i can get.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 12-09-2004, 01:01 AM   #898
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Getting oversized valves or any kinid of enlargement anywhere? Also why do head work, is it nesicary?

And K3, I understood that you were kidding about the kids thing but it seemed funny. You anti all kinds of mind altering stuff or just synthetic, I don't see how pot could hurt somone physically although I do see how it can be an escapist drug and help somone forget about their obligations... Thats my biggest worry since I'm a known escapist and slacker..
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Old 12-09-2004, 01:25 AM   #899
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Off-Topic Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thourun
Getting oversized valves or any kinid of enlargement anywhere? Also why do head work, is it nesicary?
The long duration, high lift performance cams I have require stiffer valve springs. Other than that the heads will be stock. The original valves and springs will work fine for just about anything but teh-uber-huge power and the heads already flow more air stock than most other cars heads even after a port and polish job.

Quote:
I don't see how pot could hurt somone physically
Smoke a few joints, bowls, whatever your preference may be then go running. Even just a short 3-4 miler. After you puke/can't breath/choke/pass out, you'll understand.

Old 12-09-2004, 02:01 AM   #900
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

I meant permanently, obviously smoking a lot of anything unfiltered will gum up your lungs for a few days. I've blacked out and puked from running too hard when simply not in shape, though not after 3 miles lol.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)