Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Corvette
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 11:30 AM   #31
bluevette74
Banned

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ttvette.jpg (21.5 KB, 291 views)
Old 01-06-2002, 11:57 AM   #32
BlkZO6
AF Newbie

By the way, the 2002 ZO6 has 405 hp and 400 ft.lbs. torque.
Old 01-11-2002, 07:14 PM   #33
3rdGenLuvr
AF Newbie

MY $.02!

I think the latest generation of vettes are closer to 'real' sports car status than they have been in yrsss!!!!!

I saw my first Z06 at the mall between the holidays, OMG, the car is sweet. For the money, it really is a good buy I suppose. But ya gotta ask urself, doesnt it cost AS MUCH money to make an ugly interior as it wld a tasteful one? The problem here is Chevy wont step up to the plate and get off their high horse by straying from the GM way of things and do what the rest of the top world builders HAVE BEEN making. Plain and simple make a NICE sports car inside & out! Get rid of the old geezers who's interior design team (probably) runs from the Cavalier to the Z06.

I just recently purchased a used RX7, you gotta hand it to Mazda, they went out to make a true sports car in every sense of the word and thats exactly what rolled off the assembly line.
2800#
double wishbone suspension
TT Rotary making 255HP in stock form
0-60 in 4.9-5.5 sec
1/4 in mid 13's
Altho the interior is not the best, atleast they had the sense in goin the classy route w/ chrome ringed gauges here n there and kept the electronic wizardry on their luxury cars.

Still a nice car in my opinion.
'00 RC51 (race/street)
fireblade_911@yahoo.com
Old 01-11-2002, 07:50 PM   #34
BlkZO6
AF Newbie

I'm not sure what your problem is with the interior. I find it very intuitive, and very comfortable. Materials are of good quality, and fit is very good. What specifically do you see as bad?
Old 01-12-2002, 12:20 AM   #35
Blackbird01
AF Enthusiast

BlkZO6, I agree.
I think that American cars have a bad reputation when it comes to interior styling.
The ZO6 has a lot of nice features, including it's HUD system, soft leather interior and unique gauges.
I love the car.

Old 01-12-2002, 08:02 AM   #36
BlkZO6
AF Newbie

Blackbird...I just get a little tired of people who can't attack the car any other way, try on interior. I really would like to know what specifically is the problem, because in all honesty, I find the vette interior far superior to the M3. I've tried both, and that's my opinion. As far as the Viper, same thing applies. Faster car stock, but the living conditions are worse. The bimmer is a slower car stock, and the living conditions are worse. Of course, I'm not accusing anyone on this board of attacking the ZO6
Old 01-12-2002, 12:35 PM   #37
3rdGenLuvr
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by BlkZO6
Of course, I'm not accusing anyone on this board of attacking the ZO6
Oh noooo not at all.

Listen I dont think the car is that bad at all, a matter a fact I did mention I just about drooled over the thing. Call me crazy but when I think of sports cars I think of mostly the exotics i.e. Ferrari, Lambo, Bugatti, Porsche, Lotus and such. In the past 40 yrs these cars basically set the standards of how a sports car shld look,drive and feel........do we agree on that or no? Even at birth our very own exotics like the Shelby Cobra shared some detail when compared to the Euro exotics.

To me, the vette like the late 80's 300Z was forming into more of a touring car than the sports car it was supposed to be. A true sports car shld be lightweight, powerful and fairly simple. Its not just about straight line performance like American builders have thought for so many damn yrs. I think the majority of sport car fanatics want somethng that can handle that turn at the end of a long straight.

Again I dont think the interior is that bad, its far better than it has been prior to this latest generation. But to me it just doesnt have the typical authentic sports car features. IMO, dash lay out can make or break the interior. Altho that whole indigo look must be neat at night huh?
'00 RC51 (race/street)
fireblade_911@yahoo.com
Old 01-12-2002, 01:45 PM   #38
BlkZO6
AF Newbie

Corvettes tend to be a bit larger than traditional sports cars. That's true. But that's because that is what the buyers want. I've owned my share of true sports cars like MGBs and MG Midgets and even a TR6. Miatas and Audi TTs and such are the ones that compare to that. As I get older, I like a little comfort with the spice. That's, to me, the biggest drawback to a Viper, and why I haven't bought one yet. I still may, though.

I don't really want a car I can't take on the occasional road trip with my wife. That's why I feel the Corvette is better for me than either Viper or Porsche. But remember...it only competes with the exotics on performance, not on expensive detail. If it did, it would also compete with them on price. You can't have everything.

I suppose I could buy an exotic, but mostly they are too small and too undependable. I'd hate to break down with a Ferrari in the middle of nowhere...where would you get it fixed? And they do break down frequently, and expensively. That's the quality I'm looking for...not extremely expensive leather or carbon fibre upholstery. The first scheduled maintenance on a Ferrari is about $7000.00. It's a bit ridiculous. I did look at an XKR, but in the end, didn't like it enough.

By the way, AC Cobras hardly had what you would call a nice interior.
Old 01-12-2002, 03:18 PM   #39
CorvetteMan
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CorvetteMan
Talking SWEET Z06!

I would take a Z06 anyday! Anybody that doesn't like it is surely not a car person. Everybody that reads this let me know what your favorite car is ,also to get car parts carfax reports game info. and car enthusiast stuf,etc.,etc. visit

http://coolstuff4u.20megsfree.com :sun:
Old 01-13-2002, 07:02 PM   #40
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Ok, I circled some problems.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:05 PM   #41
Chris
Oldie

didn't work, I'll try again tommorrow. I basically circled some of the things that need fixing.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:57 PM   #42
BlkZO6
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
didn't work, I'll try again tommorrow. I basically circled some of the things that need fixing.
I don't suppose you'ld care to say what you're talking about?
Old 01-13-2002, 08:47 PM   #43
Chris
Oldie

First Pic: Audi TT interior

Corvette Z06 interior:

Green Circleeh vette whell, though leather covered, looks plastyicky and down-market, like a wheel for a 20000 car. The TT wheel looks very simple, yet elegant, and it begs to be gripped and used hard.
Yellow Circle: The air vents. The Vettes cyclops eye does nothing for me, and is very plasticky. It looks like it belongs on a cavalier. The TT has nice aluminum ones, that look designed, not just placed there.
Blue Circle: The radio/HVAC/misc. controls. The corvettes look suspiciously like a GM trucks controls. Plastic is the dominant design here, with everything looking incredibly cheap. The TT hides most of it with a swanky aluminum plate. What is exposed (and what is hidden), are artfully crafted, balanced, easy to use, controls.
Black circle: The corvette has a functional, easy to use and nice feeling gearshift. It looks so black and uninteresting, much like a cavaliers. The TT has a delightful stubby little shifter, with aluminum gracing it wherever the eye cares to wander. It is in a little circle of aluminum, pronouncing it to be important. It looks so classy.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:15 PM   #44
hakka
AF Enthusiast

the radio does look a bit like the one from the silverado, though, and I guess it would be easy enough to cover it with a 5$ aluminum panel...same goes with the vents and a few other things. personally, I could care less about the interior trim in sports cars, but whatever floats your boat
Old 01-14-2002, 03:49 PM   #45
Z06Lover
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
First Pic: Audi TT interior

Corvette Z06 interior:

Green Circleeh vette whell, though leather covered, looks plastyicky and down-market, like a wheel for a 20000 car. The TT wheel looks very simple, yet elegant, and it begs to be gripped and used hard.
Yellow Circle: The air vents. The Vettes cyclops eye does nothing for me, and is very plasticky. It looks like it belongs on a cavalier. The TT has nice aluminum ones, that look designed, not just placed there.
Blue Circle: The radio/HVAC/misc. controls. The corvettes look suspiciously like a GM trucks controls. Plastic is the dominant design here, with everything looking incredibly cheap. The TT hides most of it with a swanky aluminum plate. What is exposed (and what is hidden), are artfully crafted, balanced, easy to use, controls.
Black circle: The corvette has a functional, easy to use and nice feeling gearshift. It looks so black and uninteresting, much like a cavaliers. The TT has a delightful stubby little shifter, with aluminum gracing it wherever the eye cares to wander. It is in a little circle of aluminum, pronouncing it to be important. It looks so classy.
you have got to be kidding me?? if you wanna pay a bunch of money for an interior...be my guest. I would rather have 405HP, 0-60 in 4.0, 1/4 in right around 12.0 secs, and an auto-x/track monster then some yuppie mobile any day. Audi TT vs Z06....that is a new one!!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette