Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Celica
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 11:17 AM   #1
aidynphoenix
AF Newbie

88 Celica GT Heat Stuck On!

I bought this car two weeks ago, it had been sitting for 5 years and I have been going through everything and repairing what I can. The Heater control panel had issues with buttons/fan speed modes not working, I took that apart and found the broken solder connections and completely resoldered every connection on that entire board so i know that is not the problem.

I checked the ac lines and was surprised that there was still pressure in the lines, When i turn on the AC i hear the compressor kick on, and engine bog down a bit, but it blows hot. The compressor runs constantly and I can see coolant moving through the little peep window on the receiver/drier.

When i turn off the AC and set the temperature dial to cold i can still feel the heat coming from the vents.
I am assuming some kind of door or valve is stuck open and the heat cannot turn off and let the AC work.

I have a haynes repair manual on the way but it won't be here for a few more days. pictures for attention.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car1.jpg (240.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg car2.jpg (253.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg car3.jpg (265.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg car4.jpg (286.6 KB, 2 views)
aidynphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Celica