Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
Andrewhuffman
AF Regular

is a 300zx a good buy?

My friend has a 1991 300ZX for sale. It is a two seater 3.0 twin cam non turbo v6. it has 174,000 miles on and im not sure whats wrong with it. I drove it and it seem fine to me but sometimes it dosnt idle, he says some of the injectors are bad and he tested his theory with a friends injectors. also has a new radiator. it dosnt have a smooth idle, sorta a small cam sound to it, but above adle RPMs it sounds smooth. it was a little hesitant but i couldnt really tell. it needs a new fender and front bumper, basicaly a new body ket and paint job. the old body kit looks like crap. P.S. in the short time i drove it, when i shifted into second the tires spun. I really need a car that is dependable and fun, i dont want to rebuild the motor or replace it. the motor was clean but looked like it needs a valve cover gasket job, and the intake sucks. so far the price is 800$ what you think??
Energy Suspension, z1 Drive Shaft,E-fan, Port/Polished heads, AMS Manifolds, HKS SSQV BOVs, Howe Radiator, RPS segmented LW flywheel, UR OverDrive waterpump pulley, Billion Thermo, z1 silicone hoses, Stillen gauge pod w/autometers, D&S rotors all around
Andrewhuffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:33 AM   #2
Yaggus
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Yaggus Send a message via MSN to Yaggus
Re: is a 300zx a good buy?

$800???

Hell yes... Spend maybe another $500 patching bits up and getting it serviced and you will have a great looking car thats got a decent bit of poke to it.
TT Mitsu GTO ------| Apexi AVCR, Dual 2 1/2" Exhaust, T3/T4 turbo, BOV
--------------------| Lowered King springs, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Whiteline swaybars, Cusco Strutbraces
--------------------| 17" Advanti Rims, Kenwood Stereo, 94+ Tailights

K3:i have had this itch... the itch to bang a somewhat chunky girl... like i want it to jiggle a little
Yaggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:21 PM   #3
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

yes
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #4
CCriCr
AF Newbie

Hell yes I own a 1990 300zx I bought it about 4 years ago with around 125k onit paid a grand 50k miles alter and 5 grand lighter runs strong
CCriCr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #5
Andrewhuffman
AF Regular

i got it, turns out it was just a vacume, not the injectors.
Energy Suspension, z1 Drive Shaft,E-fan, Port/Polished heads, AMS Manifolds, HKS SSQV BOVs, Howe Radiator, RPS segmented LW flywheel, UR OverDrive waterpump pulley, Billion Thermo, z1 silicone hoses, Stillen gauge pod w/autometers, D&S rotors all around
Andrewhuffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #6
masood
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to masood Send a message via AIM to masood Send a message via MSN to masood Send a message via Yahoo to masood

not bad.......
masood is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)