Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
IMD12C4INFO
AF Newbie

Progress on my TT conversion

Hi everyone. Just checking in to give a progress report on my TT conversion. 1st, a quick refresher. '93 na convertible. Red with black top & leather w/a 5 speed. I imported a '92 5 speed TT front clip with 57k from Japan. Anyhow, all of the maintenance was done, & a few upgrades, & it was all ready to get the drivetrain installed. Then I got the power bug, & got a little side tracked. So I was delayed while parts were coming in. Now it's almost ready to go in AGAIN after installing a few performance goodies. I added a pair of JWT Sport 700 turbos, a Power Enterprise 850cc fuel injector kit with a ported lower intake manifold, Doolz, an Ashspec dual program ecu (one map for pump fuel, & one map for race fuel), Stillen ported/polished exhaust manifolds, 3 inch 5 bolt downpipes, & a few other goodies. It's going in for a custom 3" exhaust system as soon as the drivetrain is installed. I'm sure I'm missing a few thigs, but that's most of it. Anything I'm missing that should be added? Any suggestions on what mufflers would be a good choice for 3" exhaust with this setup? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Brett in St Cloud, MN.
IMD12C4INFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:05 AM   #2
robzone0911
AF Regular

Re: Progress on my TT conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMD12C4INFO
Hi everyone. Just checking in to give a progress report on my TT conversion. 1st, a quick refresher. '93 na convertible. Red with black top & leather w/a 5 speed. I imported a '92 5 speed TT front clip with 57k from Japan. Anyhow, all of the maintenance was done, & a few upgrades, & it was all ready to get the drivetrain installed. Then I got the power bug, & got a little side tracked. So I was delayed while parts were coming in. Now it's almost ready to go in AGAIN after installing a few performance goodies. I added a pair of JWT Sport 700 turbos, a Power Enterprise 850cc fuel injector kit with a ported lower intake manifold, Doolz, an Ashspec dual program ecu (one map for pump fuel, & one map for race fuel), Stillen ported/polished exhaust manifolds, 3 inch 5 bolt downpipes, & a few other goodies. It's going in for a custom 3" exhaust system as soon as the drivetrain is installed. I'm sure I'm missing a few thigs, but that's most of it. Anything I'm missing that should be added? Any suggestions on what mufflers would be a good choice for 3" exhaust with this setup? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Brett in St Cloud, MN.
I am in the process of a similar swap on a 96 convertible. I am upgrading to Z1 intercoolers, 555cc injectors, Z1 ECU upgrade, 2.4in 4 bolt downpipes, 2.4in test pipes, heatwrapped exhaust, JWT pop charger, and a blitz SBC i-Color boost controller. I started mine about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I'm a little over half way finished. Good luck with your swap bro.

robzone0911 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)