Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 02:15 PM   #91
bjdm151
AF Regular

This subercarburetor sounds like it would work, but as far as reliability and cost and having superheated liquids under the hood of my car, I just don't think it is feesable (Spelling?)
But as far as injecting an air/fuel/h20 mix into any non subercarbureted vehicle and having it increase mpg, it's not going to happen.
Maybe if you had started this post honestly and not tried to display your vast chemical knowledge only to trip on your ego and embarase yourself, well this thread might have gone diferently.

BJ
Old 10-18-2004, 04:46 PM   #92
Evil Result
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Evil Result
To get that much gas mileage from such a large displacement engine with a gas fuel which holds less chemical energy and less energy density than gasoline is highy unlikely.

But i don't really know what octane level this gas might have or the compression ratio used or how well propane lets say handles a lean burning condition...they might not be using a throttle.

Now that we know how this might work we might as well try and figure out how well.

feasible - I used google to check and its commonly misspelled like that, even had a web page for it.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:20 PM   #93
RandomTask
Banned

Re: Gas mileage question.

I just want to make one correction to myself. When I posted the energy required to disassociate atoms I was confused. Thats the energy it takes to split a SINGLE atom. Again, sorry, and I correct myself on that.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:56 AM   #94
bjdm151
AF Regular

I don't think the MASTERMIND is coming back anyway.

BJ
Old 10-19-2004, 09:32 AM   #95
454Casull
AF Enthusiast

I am sorry I wasted 20 minutes of life on this pathetic thread.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:20 AM   #96
Jamescase10
AF Newbie

hi, I just read about the entire post and I do not know alot, but...I wanted to ask the exp guys here...That propane gas is a gas, and gasoline vapor is NOT really a gas is it? Now, I dont think it would make a huge dif, but if we could REALLY turn gasoline into a true gas we could increase the ignition of of gasoline the gas right???? Or am I clueless?
Old 04-09-2006, 05:36 AM   #97
Jamescase10
AF Newbie

Something else, WW2 my dad confirms this...They had Water Injection on there planes, and this improved the horsepower, and somewhat improved the gas mileage because it allowed the gas a slower burn rate so that it would be able to push the piston longer. I dought a more violent explosion in a combustion engine would do jack for power. (maybe some other design) In other words, water injection is PROVEN to help save gas, and increase HP, but not by that much. Like 5% if your lucky is my best guess.

I also saw some gaget online that does about what I read buick says, it has a hose going though the low pres fuel return line, with vac from the pcv to a jar and back to the intake, and some adjuster that claims to vaporize a portion of the air/fuel thus allowing the injector to provide only PART of the gas mix. Thus improving the effeciency of the engine. But again, they claim about 20% increase, not like what buick says. Sound like bull or something that could really help?
Old 04-09-2006, 01:17 PM   #98
curtis73
Professional Ninja Killer

Hey, welcome aboard. Feel free to open a new thread with a reference to this one, but in general it gets kinda confusing if we re-open old threads. This one is from September of 2004.

There are also thousands of threads here devoted to every possible aftermaket mileage gadget. Please do a search and I think you'll find that your answer is already covered a couple hundred times

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical