Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cima | Nissan President | Infiniti Q45
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
moonsgirl
AF Newbie

Q45a Help with Radiator

I need help!!! I own a Q45a 1991 and the problem is overheating. I always make sure the car has antifreeze in it. Well when it over heated all of the antifreeze is gone. Bone Dry. I put some more in and the same thing happend. How can I check to see there are any leaks in the hoses. Fluid is not coming from radiator. I have owned the car for a couple of months and don't know much about this car and it would be nice to find a diagram of the whole engine. Can someone give me some adivdce please.

I appreciate it.
moonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
dawnnewsome3
AF Regular

Re: Q45a Help with Radiator

A few questions. Are there ever any water or antifreeze puddles under the car or in the cars floorboard. If so it is a hose , seal , gasket or heater core . Next if no fluid can be found anywhere it my be leaking under the intake manifold ther is a spider of cooling pipes and hoses under there , but it also could be burning it , that could mean a bad head gasket. As for a diagram there is so many pages in the dealer repair manual I can't post them all .
dawnnewsome3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
moonsgirl
AF Newbie

There were no leaks or puddles wherever we parked. The loss of fluid seems like it happens when we are driving.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
dawnnewsome3
AF Regular

Then it seems to me that it is burning water through a bad head gasket . Now i could be wrong so the best bet is to take it to a mechanic and have the coolant system pressure tested to see if the leak can be penpointed. Also is there any coolant in the overflo tank , if so a blown head gasket could be pressurizing the cooling system and forcing it out the over flow tank if it is still full . There are so many varaiables that need to be checked , Then it can still wind up something as simple as a therostat.
dawnnewsome3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:54 PM   #5
maxnix
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsgirl
I need help!!! I own a Q45a 1991 and the problem is overheating. I always make sure the car has antifreeze in it. Well when it over heated all of the antifreeze is gone. Bone Dry. I put some more in and the same thing happend. How can I check to see there are any leaks in the hoses. Fluid is not coming from radiator. I have owned the car for a couple of months and don't know much about this car and it would be nice to find a diagram of the whole engine. Can someone give me some adivdce please.
Overheating an all alloy engine is not a good thing.

Sounds like you need a genuine OEM radiator cap. Don't buy a genric 3rd party American automotive retailer version made in China. Not only do they fial, they are set at the wrong pressure.

www.infinitipartsusa.com

Easy to check.

How are your timing chain guides?

For your suspension go to

www.q45qsuspension.com and read all of TexasOil's posts on

www.nicoclub.com
Old 11-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
moonsgirl
AF Newbie

Wink Re: Q45a Help with Radiator

We changed out the thermostat and my car works great. My fiance bought the part and changed it out himself. Autozone sells them for 20 bucks for the part. Thanks for everyones help!
Old 11-24-2007, 08:07 AM   #7
maxnix
AF Regular

Exclamation Re: Q45a Help with Radiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsgirl
We changed out the thermostat and my car works great. My fiance bought the part and changed it out himself. Autozone sells them for 20 bucks for the part. Thanks for everyones help!
Autozone and other 3rd party auto parts reatiler's made in China parts are not up to OEM parts in pperformance, quality or durability.

Try www.infinitipartsusa.com for great OEM parts and service.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cima | Nissan President | Infiniti Q45