Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 12:32 AM   #1
SuPRAFaSt87
AF Newbie

Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Does anyone out there know about SCP Sponsorship program?? I was applying for a sponsoship and it said that you have to pay an $88 sponsorship packet fee in order to become reviewed to be accepeted. I wasn't very hesitant about it because i know that SCP is a good, reliable, respectable, business, however my dad thinks that it is all a big scam and he doesn't approve of me spending my money on it. Does ANYONE know anything about that business or that program and if i can trust it, please help
SuPRAFaSt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 09:06 AM   #2
mospeed1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mospeed1
Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

what are you plaining on getting sponsored in?car show,drag race autocros???

most of the time to get a sponsor you need to be a proven winner

like car show your car has to be built and have won shows....racing you have to win the big races nira etc..
mospeed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 09:39 PM   #3
3000GT_guy
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to 3000GT_guy
The Pro

I have gotten sponsored by them and u only have to pay the 88 dollars if u get approved for the sponsorship and they are a good company I got sponsored for 12000 dollars for my 3000GT but they will not even look at u for a sponsorship unless u have some form of competition under your belt. I was in car audio for 3 years and placed in world finals 2 years in a row so ya u need to get your name out their before I would even bother talkin to them.
3000GT_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 08:20 AM   #4
nosangel
AF Newbie

Talking Sponsorshiop

Well I don't know if all that stuff is true. I was awarded a sponsorship, but I have really won anything. I did compete in a sound comp. that was held by what's there names you know the big people and I placed second. I lost by .7 of a dec. So relly I odn't know what to tell you. I think I was awarded the sponsorship because of what my goal is with this car. Good luck and you should at least try it!
nosangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:34 AM   #5
Rex_ITRLSRTT
AF Newbie

SCP Sponsorship

I am really not sure about the company itself. I just recently got sponsor by them, like a month ago; offering me a $12,000 sponsorship though. Where I have to pay partial cash with their 12 grand sponsorship for parts and stuff. And my brother in law just got sponsored for his Evo VIII for 12 grand just like me. One of the representative that called me told me that, if I was approved for the sponsorship they would charge me, if not then they would refend my money back.

I own an 00 Integra LS, it was completly STOCK when I signed up with them, I have not attend any shows with my car or won any trophies and I still got sponsored. My suggustion is for you to just fill out the from and if you get accepted talk to the representative that may contact you and read your contract carefully and have some look it over with you.

pt
Rex_ITRLSRTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 06:17 PM   #6
TurboSmoke
AF Newbie

i actually called them earlyer and got sponsored. They asked me what my plans were for the car. i already told them i had 2 current sponsors (corksport, Driving force) and he took down the info needed. he put me on hold and asked the lady in charge.

She said it was approved. The application fee was only 30 something bucks. The guy i talked on the phone with said the contract would be here in 2 weeks. I am going to have my lawyer go over the contract before i sign it.

The guy also said it was 55% off parts and labor. I was planning on building this car with my own money but if they help any its worth a shot. i mean they cant cost me any more money then i was planning on investing anyhow.

BTW my current car is a 91 Rx-7 ill give you a little rundown of my mods

13b S5 motor (89-91 rx-7's. came stock with 200hp) but with S4 (86-88) rotors (lower compression) with a Stage III street port, 3mm cryo-hardened apex seals.

T-72BB Qtrim .81/ar
microtech Lt8x
twin (2) walbro 255's fuel pumps
720 cc primary's
1600 cc secondary's
greddy 3row fmic
apexi N1 single exhaust
Racing beat 3'' dp
RE amemiya (when it comes to rotarys, he is god ) spark plug wires a few other things from them.

and thats all i am telling you I am looking for 500rwhp without nitrous. The car is currently undergoing all the work. i hope to have it finished by jan/feb time.

TurboSmoke
TurboSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:51 PM   #7
mospeed1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mospeed1

paying to get a sponsor???
sounds like a scam
99% of the time the will give you a part and you have to have the logo on the car for a certain length of time and appear in there booths at shows. THIS IS BIG COMPANYS THE 1'S YOU WANT TO GET SPONSORED BY
how would a company make any money if the keep giving away 12 grand to everyone that calls them and send them a check to register???????????
i'll call them and send them 80 bucks and get my moms hopptie hooked up if it's that easy???
mospeed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 03:30 PM   #8
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

If someone can truly afford to "sponsor" you, they will not need you to pay for anything.
Think about it, if they can afford to give you $12,000 ... why would they need $80 from you????

All these "deals" are is buying membership into a discount club (just like Sam's Club or BJ's).
You are paying for a discount.

I have several sponsors and I assure you they do not ask me for money ... quite the other way around.

Companies sponsor you to get their name out there ... Pepsi wants to sell more soda, Falken wants to sell mroe tires, etc ...

What product are they offering that they want to get their name out there for??
Their "product" is your $80-$90.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:19 PM   #9
97gsrteg
AF Newbie

Angry Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuPRAFaSt87
Does anyone out there know about SCP Sponsorship program?? I was applying for a sponsoship and it said that you have to pay an $88 sponsorship packet fee in order to become reviewed to be accepeted. I wasn't very hesitant about it because i know that SCP is a good, reliable, respectable, business, however my dad thinks that it is all a big scam and he doesn't approve of me spending my money on it. Does ANYONE know anything about that business or that program and if i can trust it, please help
they called me up on the phone saying they wanted to sponsor me and they said the details about them and then asked for the 88 doller fee and i paid they said ok youll get all your information in the mail in two weeks well that was probably 6 months ago i havnt seen anything i called them about it and they told me they would see what happend and fix it that was about a month ago i still havent seen anything
97gsrteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 04:44 PM   #10
BlownPony306
AF Newbie

Don't mean to dig up an old topic but I had to post on this. I had signed up for the sponsorship and it's pretty much a scam. They aren't providing sponsorship. They are providing "discounted" parts. And the discount is really not anything. I just spoke to them today about a supercharger for my Mustang and their "discounted price" is 500 dollars more then what I can buy it from a distributor I work with. They say they are covering the difference between retail and their price which equals out to nothing. All they are is getting you a better then retail price. So in fact they aren't actually giving you anything. The fact they call it a sponsorship is a lie. If you want me to put your name on my car you are gonna have to give me more then crappy wholesale pricing.
BlownPony306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 01:41 AM   #11
Rex_ITRLSRTT
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownPony306
I just spoke to them today about a supercharger for my Mustang and their "discounted price" is 500 dollars more then what I can buy it from a distributor I work with. They say they are covering the difference between retail and their price which equals out to nothing.

I think it's a scam too! Last friday I called to speak to one of the guys in the parts department, but he was not yet and told me to call back. So I called back and I guess he is still not in. I ask the dude on the phone to give me a price on an AIR RIDE SUSPENSIONS. He told me it's going to be $2248 for the whole thing! Then I ask him, "What brand is it?" He told me "Its the TOP OF THE LINE STUFF!!" ask him to provide me a name but said he would have to look at it, but still said its the top of the line stuff. The answer was SO UNPROFESSIONAL!! And they carry only a small amount of products from different company products. Because I was trying to get some Velox rims for my ride but I guess he has not heard of them because he asked me where did I found it at? I'm going to try again and see how much I can really get from them, if they are ignoring me or not doing what they said then, I'm gonna find a way to get my money back!

wish us luck!
pt
Rex_ITRLSRTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 08:04 AM   #12
BlownPony306
AF Newbie

Good luck. They are very hard to get thru to. Most of the time you just get their answering machine which is an outgoing message only telling you to call back and doesn't let you even leave a message.
BlownPony306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:10 PM   #13
elixar
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownPony306
Good luck. They are very hard to get thru to. Most of the time you just get their answering machine which is an outgoing message only telling you to call back and doesn't let you even leave a message.

ITS A SCAM DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR MONEY!!! Like pony said, you can never get ahold of them, they always tell you to call back. I have had them as a sponsor for about 6-8 months and I have yet to recieve anything free or any good deals.

I called up a couple months back because I messed up the front part of my kit was going to order a new one. Number one the guy dissed the kit [the kit i have is hot www.cardomain.com/id/elixar, then couldnt even beat nopi.com prices how lame is that? Call again looking for rims and tires, once again had to play phone tag for about 3-4 weeks and when i finaly got to talk to somebody they had beyond horrible deals.

The $88 fee is for the dvd movie they send you, which is pretty shitty too. So pretty much you pay $88 for a dvd. Should I get my lawor involved?
elixar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:27 AM   #14
Cavalierdude03
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuPRAFaSt87

Dude...Believe me...they are nothing but trash. I had to cancel my Visa because I had a charge of 87 dollars, that I finally realized that they took without my consent. I'm ripping up the damn thing. If I can get the "illegal street racing victim money" back, cool...if not, oh well. What a bunch of scam crap!
Cavalierdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:36 AM   #15
Cavalierdude03
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by elixar
ITS A SCAM DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR MONEY!!! Like pony said, you can never get ahold of them, they always tell you to call back. I have had them as a sponsor for about 6-8 months and I have yet to recieve anything free or any good deals.

I called up a couple months back because I messed up the front part of my kit was going to order a new one. Number one the guy dissed the kit [the kit i have is hot www.cardomain.com/id/elixar, then couldnt even beat nopi.com prices how lame is that? Call again looking for rims and tires, once again had to play phone tag for about 3-4 weeks and when i finaly got to talk to somebody they had beyond horrible deals.

The $88 fee is for the dvd movie they send you, which is pretty shitty too. So pretty much you pay $88 for a dvd. Should I get my lawor involved?

I seriously wouldn't even try....I'm just gonna file a fraud complaint, and I'll get my $ back. I'm ripping it up as I speak. Not to mention, my gf's dad took one look at the papers and basically said Hell No! He owns his own modified race team, and he said if sponsors are TRUE sponsors, they pay YOU to sponsor their stuff! Good luck...what a POS scam!
Cavalierdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car