Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Thunderbird
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 11:52 PM   #1
thunderbirdsc
AF Newbie

91 tbird sc amber antilock light comes on while driving and dosent shut off till I turn key off

I just changed the whole brake system under the hood in my 91 sc, all seemed well untill I was driving and the amber antilock brake Warning lamp came on and it wont go out till i turn key off. i bled the brakes 2 times now and still it comes on after brakeing hard... Is there a special way to bleed a 91 supercoupe,? Or does it sound like another problem?
Any input is appreciated!
thunderbirdsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:32 AM   #2
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: 91 tbird sc amber antilock light comes on while driving and dosent shut off till I turn key off

I'd take it in and have it scanned with a brake scanner to first find out where the problem is coming from. You will spend a lot of wasted time going from one end of the car to the other looking at all the possibilities that can trigger the light.
Unfortunately it isn't something that comes up with a normal scanner and you will usually get charged to get a reading.
The first things I look for if I'm not yet able to get a scan and can't wait is metal shavings on the magnetic abs sensor at the wheel and clean them off. Then I look over the sensor for any cracks that can let moisture in. Next I look at the "tone" ring to see if it has any missing teeth or a crack that can open the reading gap wider under different conditions of heat/cool to cause an erratic reading.
After that I'm off to a scanner.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:16 AM   #3
thunderbirdsc
AF Newbie

Re: 91 tbird sc amber antilock light comes on while driving and dosent shut off till I turn key off

Thankyou
thunderbirdsc is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Thunderbird