Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 02:56 AM   #91
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

Re: Re: What's Your Dream Car(s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by micray83
What's w/ everybody and Mitsu GTOs? They are so slow! And they chug gas like there's no tomorrow. Did I mention ugly? Sorry to rain on all your parades.

lets see, a supra runs about 13.5 in the 1/4 mile a nsx runs about 13.5 in the 1/4 mile. what do you know a gto runs 13.5 in the 1/4 mile.
top speed 160mph 1st gear goes to 60mph 0-60 in 5.0. gearing set up for very good top end speed.

hmm i've beat a 300zxtt a trans am ls1 03 mustang gt's for lunch beat a 96 cobra, barely beat an sti by about half a car length for like 2-3 blocks. now how can this be if a gto is slow? riddle me that
Old 04-21-2004, 08:43 PM   #92
Jehu
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Jehu Send a message via Yahoo to Jehu
Re: What's Your Dream Car(s)?

hmooblis Good luck with the project... sounds like it'll be a sweet ride when it's done.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:59 PM   #93
darkprincess0330
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to darkprincess0330
My Dreams..

I would want a Nissan Skyline R34 in Red or a Pink Honda S2000 for my import side. For my domestic side I would want a red, 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:55 PM   #94
XxTurboMr2qtxX
Banned

Send a message via AIM to XxTurboMr2qtxX
well well i see we have many girls responding on this thread...which one oƒ u girls are located in MIAMI?? i run my own all female car club..for anyone thats interested or has questions IM me at xxturbomr2qtxx

P.S.

Turbo 2nd generation mr2 here!
Old 09-02-2004, 08:38 PM   #95
micray83
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngvr4

lets see, a supra runs about 13.5 in the 1/4 mile a nsx runs about 13.5 in the 1/4 mile. what do you know a gto runs 13.5 in the 1/4 mile.
top speed 160mph 1st gear goes to 60mph 0-60 in 5.0. gearing set up for very good top end speed.

hmm i've beat a 300zxtt a trans am ls1 03 mustang gt's for lunch beat a 96 cobra, barely beat an sti by about half a car length for like 2-3 blocks. now how can this be if a gto is slow? riddle me that
I guess it depends on how much work you put into the GTO, as is the case with any car. Though, every Stealth/GTO I've seen street race is bone stock and usually of the FWD, SOHC, non-turbo variety. Sure, some have 220hp, even 320hp (AWD TT), but with all that weight it really hinders that power. Besides, would I be correct to say that most of the power in the AWDs are distributed to the front wheels as opposed to the back, which is not a favored racing aspect in most situations?

I'm guessing you have the AWD version, right?
Old 09-08-2004, 01:05 PM   #96
darkprincess0330
AF Enthusiast

How hard is it to find a 1970 Pontiac GTO?
Old 09-08-2004, 04:36 PM   #97
EvoCrazy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EvoCrazy

My dream car would be a red Ferrari Enzo. My second would be a red Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale (with white stripes). My 3rd would be a black Mclaren F1 LM. Oh and cant froget a white Evo 8 MR. NO, the EXTREMLY OVERHYPED AND BASTARDISED Skyline isnt on the list because tooo many people these days sweat it like its the car to end all cars! And that makes me sick that nobody gives any other Japanese cars credit like they do the Skyline, and the funny thing is half those people dont know shit about them. I can name at least 8 other Japanese cars that can smoke the R34 GTR STOCK!

#1 FAVORITE dream car: Ferrari Enzo
2: Ferrari Challenge Stradale
3: Mclaran F1 LM
4: Ferrari F50
5: 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO
6: 2002 NSX Type-R (This will KILL a R34 GTR...he he he)
7. 2000 Toyota Supra JZ (JDM spec)
8. Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
9. 2002 Mazda RX7 R (JDM)

(I am going to be original and say no The R34 isnt on my list. Oh, all those Japanese cars I named can each beat the Skyline.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:05 PM   #98
darkprincess0330
AF Enthusiast

You are very impressive with your list. You are right though that everybody jocks the skyline like it is the best car in the world. It is not.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:55 PM   #99
EvoCrazy
AF Enthusiast

Very true drakprincess. It aint the car to end all cars. And Evo can take it stock.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:50 PM   #100
micray83
AF Newbie

Re: Re: What's Your Dream Car(s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoCrazy
My dream car would be blah, blah, blah . . . My second would be Blah, blah, blah . . . My 3rd would be a black Mclaren F1 LM [Ha, keep dreamin, kid. ROFLMAO. Lamo.] Oh and cant froget a [blah, blah, blah]. NO, the EXTREMLY OVERHYPED AND BASTARDISED Skyline isnt on the list because tooo many people these days sweat it like its the car to end all cars! [Only b/c it is, Dumbo.] And that makes me sick [You know what, you make me sick. How about that? You're pathetic, "I like this car, and I like this car, oh, and I like that car too! It's my mostest ultimatist, favoritist car in worldest] that nobody gives any other Japanese cars credit like they do the Skyline, and the funny thing is half those people dont know shit about them [OMG, shut up already . . . ] I can name at least 8 other Japanese cars [no, really?! WOW.] that can smoke the R34 GTR STOCK! blah, blah, blah . . .Oh can you? You're so cool.

#1 FAVORITE dream car: Ferrari Enzo
2: Blah, blah, blah, and BTW, Ferraris are not Japanese, jackass. Where's your supposed "8", huh?
3: Mclaran F1 LM ROFL, riiight. You got a million dollars, kid? Nah, didn't think so.
4: Blah, blah, blah
5: Blah, blah, blah
6: 2002 NSX Type-R (This will KILL a R34 GTR...he he he) [You're joking, right? OMG, no, you're not. MORON.]
7. Blah, blah, blah
8. Blah, blah, blah
9. Blah, blah, blah

(I am going to be a lamer and say no The R34 isnt on my list [Good, the R34 never wanted you anyway]. Oh, all those Japanese cars I named can each beat the Skyline [OH, REEEEALLLY!? Kid, keep dreaming . . . ]
I hope to pull up beside you one day at a stop light while you're in your lil' EVO blaring your Destiny's Child at max volume with all your friends in the car singing along. I can imagine it now, I'll have about 400 lbs of sandbags in the back seat blaring some mad bass out my JL 13s (i.e. my car weighs nearly twice as yours) while you and your friends stare out the back window, scared sh1tless from the deafening tone of my Nurspec exhaust. While I creep up on your left into 1st gear with a sonorous 5Hz hollow back pressure and 20kHz of ear-piercing nitrous purge aimed straight at your eye, you Wannabe-JDM Geekazoid, I will CRUSH YOU before the flick of a rist. TWO-THOUSAND WATTS of chest-imploding bass alone would be enough to make you soil your Superman size 28 briefs - a fukcing Mexican, Mazda, lorider thug could stomp your candy ass, no sweat! You wouldn't dare race me! I would laugh so hard – I would literally die laughing in style.

How dare you disrespect the R34 like that? It's ninnies like you that everyone despises. If I heard you talk that trash in real life I'd hock a 12 lb loogie the size of your head at a force so hard it would knock your punk ass, jabroni lights out - that's how much I pity the fool who knocks the GT-R with such blasphemy as yours. Anybody who wants to hate on a GT-R, can eat a fat dikc. You're just mad not even a single 4-door Skyline in the world would ever give you any of her automobile punani, no matter how much you begged for a ride.

Fukcing WANKSTERS, you don't get sh1t! And I hate to break it to ya, but no, I'm sorry, an NSX would not kill a Skyline. In a straightaway, both completely stock, sure, because of the bigger engine and higher top speed, but once you start tuning the inline RB26 and do it right, the NSX can't touch a Skyline, period. Especially in a street race with sharp apices involved, a Mid-rear V6 engine car is going to lose to a front-mounted AWD inline 6, plain and simple.

We're talking MAD HP potential for Nissan's 2.7L RB26 vs. Honda's bulky, 3.3L C32 V6. Signal Auto's R34 puts out a whopping 1,000hp under its hood. Now tell me, what Japanese tuning shop has successfully tuned an NSX (stable, and street legal) to that insane degree of power? To the best of my knowledge: NONE. Don't get me wrong, the NSX-R is a beautiful car, but it is still not a Skyline GT-R, period.

I digress.

Edit: To clean up some of the run-ons and language.

Last edited by micray83; 09-12-2004 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:32 AM   #101
EvoCrazy
AF Enthusiast

WOW!!!!! Your talken LOTS of bull shit, and I dont think you know what your talken about. Ok, the NSX-R cant take the Skyline????? Stop playing video games, and start checken that shit in real life you dumb bitch! The Evo VIII and NSX will both kill it. Thats inclluding road race, and drag race. And if I do ever see you besides beating your car in a race, I will beat the living fuck out of you. you want mod VS mod???? I have heard this from pros, the 2JZ-GTE has higher potential than the RB26DETT. Learn your shit asshole,then talk. The title said dream car not only Jap cars. I wont talk shit about the Skyline, because unlike you i DO have respect for other cars, unlike you where u only like the R34. I know you dont own one, and untill you can prove it shut up. I can see if your an R34 fan (ricers only give the R34s credit) but dont disrespect the NSX or Evo, those are also legendary Japanese cars. I suggest you do some serious research cause you sound like a retard. Go to www.fast-autos.net and look them up. And buy all the Best Motoring DVDs then watch your Skyline get its ass handed to it by the NSX-R, which started WAY behind it! Here, watch the GTR loose, when it started in first place. Then talk trash!

http://www.runeb.org/www_docs/Jexot...-NSX-R_race.mpg
Old 09-10-2004, 11:43 AM   #102
EvoCrazy
AF Enthusiast

If it doesnt work, then just click it off from here.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=142594
Old 09-10-2004, 03:35 PM   #103
Dr.Gonzo
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Dr.Gonzo Send a message via Yahoo to Dr.Gonzo

Damn Timmy why so mad? Yes the debate over the RB26DETT and 2JZ are legendary. You also have a few more rpms with the RB26 than you do the JZII. Also lets look at handling. Yes I can see the EVO's and STI's handling better than the GTR34 but they were made to handle b/c they are more like rally cars put to the street. The MKIV Supra and GTR34 handle around the same I'd say the GTR34 has a little better edge b/c of it's AWD but not too much. The modding possibilities of these 2 engines are amazing. I think one reason the 2JZ has had more powerfully modded engines is b/c the the Supra was brought the the United States and the Skyline wasn't so we Yanks didn't have as much access to modify them as we did the Supra engine. If we could go back in time we might see a more equal amount of power from both engines.

I would like as favorite cars.
1. Do Luck Tuned Black GTR-34 Skyline
2. (VW made) Bugatti Veyron 1200hp stock quad turbo.
3. Modified to my standards MKIII VR6 Jetta. I will always love mine.
4. The LM Tuned S2000.
5.The mid engine Tommy Kaira ZZII RB27DETT
6. ITR modified. Yellow (being a guy I just think yellow is a perfect color for that car)
7. Audi RS6 Twin Turbo V8. I can't wait to read about people who will modify those cars it's mind numbing.
Anything else I will put them on later.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:06 PM   #104
micray83
AF Newbie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoCrazy aka EvoFanboy
"And Evo can take [a Skyline] stock."
Yeah, and you say I'm full of sh1t? Lil' boy, you shouldn't believe everything ppl tell you. Obviously, THAT statement you made above is beyond full of sh1t - it's simply, downright laughable to say even the least. It’s about time you brushed up on your physics homework, schoolboy.

Anyway, you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoCrazy aka EvoFanboy
"2JZ-GTE has higher potential than the RB26DETT."
Oh my, did you hear that from your oafish father, the Jiffy Lube mechanic? Where are you getting all this nonsense from, boy? I'm afraid whoever fed you that garbage is terribly biased to the folks at Toyota.

You cannot dispute that **THE LEGENDARY** RB26DETT engine, being one of the best factory assembled engines ever designed in history, is inferior to that meat-head, Japanese muscle-branded motor, the 2JZ. The RB series engine alone has won more competitions, and more cups than the 2JZ J-block has, and ever will. The GT-R is a CHAMPION racing machine, harnessing a CHAMPION motor - it will never be second to the 2JZ. It will always and forever be superior to the 2J-pig, and will bow down to NO ONE. It's top dog on the track and on the streets.

On the streets - which is what matters to most people - the Skyline, with it's AWD drive train whether enabled OR disabled, will dust the Supra in the 1/4 mile, given that both cars are within comparable weight of each other. The Skyline is too quick and nimble for the Supra. Close, but no cigar. Also, when it comes to whipping tight corners on wet surfaces, the Super HICAS four wheel steering system is a major asset that the Supra simply cannot match.

**FUN FACT**: The RB26DETT engine is capable of being tuned in the range of 600hp WITHOUT ANY internal modifications - FACT.

Because of the 2JZ's significantly larger displacement, it would outrun the Skyline in the long haul (you can't argue with physics), but who really gives a shit if you can **eventually** pull ahead, running in a straight line? *Yawns* Not me, that's for sure. Name any Italian V12 exotic, and they can do that job for you any day if that's what you're into. BORING. Most ppl don't give a rat's ass about top speed, b/c really, who goes 140mph+ on the fukcing streets? -- NO ONE. It's all about the street race cred b/c that's what earns you pink slips and the bragging rights, not who can go the mostest fastest in the worldest on the freeway.

On the tarmac - reiterate what I just said above, only, with the GT-R's ATESSA ETS AWD and HICAS system enabled you are not only asking for an annihilation, but also a complete and utter embarrassment, plain and simple.

EvoCrazy...you are, in a word . . . an IDIOT. Because it is obvious that you didn't understand a single word that those guys were saying in that Best Motoring video you linked. The guy driving the GT-R was having problems due to oversteer and his tires loosing traction.

I have a pretty good handle of the Japanese language, and though I was unable to pick up on the more subtle things they were saying, it was quite evident that the man driving the GT-R (Mr. M. Kurumu whoever he is) was apparently having traction problems (his tires were shot) and was forced into a oversteer early in 2nd lap that opened up a huge gap for the NSX-R to exploit and take the lead.

Here are the things he said throughout the race and my rough translation:

At the replay launch: “Staato ii janai? Ichiban” = Not a bad start, eh? The best (lit. number one).

2nd Lap just before the pass: “Aa naki ni kita! Pawaa ga aru yappari, torakushon ga aru desu ne.” = Ah, I’m at the turn! I’ve got power as well as traction.

The announcer during the pass: “(something, TAIHEN something, something . . . abunai desu ne!” Oh, how dreadful!

Kurumu-san after the pass: “Hayai desu ne?” = He’s fast isn’t he? That is, the driver, not necessarily the car.

Kurumu-san Lap 4: "Don don don don! Taiya ga nakunaru!" Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! My tires are shot! (Lit. My tires are gone).

Neck and neck with green NSX thru the bend: In ni haitte kita! Yabai. Kounaa makeru ka? Chotto, chotto! Ah, mada daijoubu!” = I’ve entered the corner. It’s dangerous. Did the corner defeat me? A little bit, a little bit! Ah, but it’s okay!

Kurumu at last stretch: “Demo NSX mo kekkou subetteru.” = But the NSX is sliding fairly well.

Final thoughts: The NSX only won the race because of the GT-R driver’s irrecoverable miscalculation on the bends and traction problems on the turn in the 2nd lap, which gave him an easy win for the finish. The NSX was wrapped with better rubber and came more prepared for the conditions on the track. Besides, what’s to say the NSX had more horsepower and higher modifications than the rest of the cars? The specs of the cars were never given, therefore, you cannot say that the match was even. The experience of the driver is also a factor. What’s to say Kurumu-san wasn’t as skilled a driver as the driver in the NSX? All questions that must be taken into account before you can make such broad speculations as to what car is really the fastest of the bunch. A lot of factors play into who wins a race, and I’ve only named the basic ones. It could probably go on forever . . .
Old 09-10-2004, 09:07 PM   #105
EvoCrazy
AF Enthusiast

Micgay83 wrote back like they where mad and where going to do something. Thanx for not writing back like that.

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot