Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Eastern US
Eastern US New York, New Jersey, Georgia and other Eastern US states.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 10:12 PM   #1
JapPrecision
Banned

Exclamation NH Modified Exhaust law REPEALED!!

I live in NH, and in the past 2 years I have been pulled over about 6 times for having an "illegal" exhaust on my car. Each different cop told me to have it removed, or I would be fined $50 and 2 points taken off my licence. They usually told me I had 2 weeks to have it done. Well I thought this was bullshit--having just spent $1000 on headers...etc.. there was no way I was putting the stock exhaust back on.--So I said f#$k it. Well I was one of the lucky ones because in 2003, over 1000 citations were issued for this offense in NH. That is alot of citations for a ridiculous law(mind you, NH is a very small state). I personally feel that cops used this law as an exuse to pull over any "punk kid" they wished to, in hopes of finding drugs or alcohol. It is pure discrimination.
Well fellow NH'ers, you do not have to worry about this bullshit law anymore, thanks to HB 243--an amendment which took effect the first day of 2004. It repeals RSA 266:59 III--regarding modifiying exhaust and noise standards. This means us enthusiasts can now drive to the market to buy milk without getting pulled over 3 times and being harassed for nothing other than BULLSHIT. So spread the word, and know your rights--go ahead and install those hi-flo cats and headers, the cops can't do jack-shit about it!!! Go to this site http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legi...04/HB0243.html
,print a copy and keep it in your glove box. If you get pulled over, rub the fu#ker in his face. Sorry cops, YOU LOSE.
JapPrecision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 11:40 PM   #2
Masta
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Masta Send a message via AIM to Masta
Re: NH Modified Exhaust law REPEALED!!

holy shit that's nice! haha and i'm moving to NH this summer!! I'm in CT right now...the cops are being gay about exhausts....

DREAMWORKS

Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/id/importscrx
Masta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:46 PM   #3
mattyoung33
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mattyoung33
I'm not so sure about this that you are saying....I was pulled over just recently in North Hampton, NH for my exhaust. Also this past week there was a meeting with all the seacoast towns chiefs on noise complaints. It was mainly focused on modified motorcycle exhausts....but also mentioned aftermarket exhausts on vehicles as well. However I think they will have a decibal limit and they will test your exhaust out to see if it passes or something.
-KYB AGX full-adjustable gas shocks
-Injen cold-air intake
-Thermal full-catback exhaust
-Mugen style front/rear lips, type-zero sideskirts
-Grillcraft upper black grill
-custom painted interior
-strut bar
-hyper white headlight bulbs/piaa signals
-new paint job including painted side trim
mattyoung33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 02:33 AM   #4
Maple50175
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Maple50175

right on i live in ma about 10 min from nashua

My sweet ride :-[
Maple50175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 01:43 PM   #5
eg6hatch92
AF Newbie

Hold up man....The Exhaust law HB243 was just pasted on June 16 (3 days ago) I know this because I proposed this house bill 2 years ago. The governer did NOT sign the bill however but it's law now. Sema started to help but they were useless. And everyone told me they would support this law and go to meetings but all the meeting that I went too It was just me, my girl and a few guys from my car club. If anyone want to get involved with changing laws for the better email me...toxiclown@yahoo.com. I am also the NH contact for Sema on Imports.
eg6hatch92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 07:34 AM   #6
eg6hatch92
AF Newbie

I checked with a few people that have a good insight of law and if the House and Senate say yes they can over power the governer even if he vetos it.
eg6hatch92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:05 PM   #7
HONDACIVICSI1990
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to HONDACIVICSI1990

hey i live in mass and i had an exhaust on my integra and i didnt get pulled (very lucky) but they would actually follow me back to my house
i know they pull over honda/acura more than shitty rustang/5.slow/camaro boyz
it pisses me off to see them with way louder cars or harleys at least 5 times louder than our cars not get a violation or pulled over but we so F**k COPS
HONDACIVICSI1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 01:41 PM   #8
Masta
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Masta Send a message via AIM to Masta

i was in NH last weekend. In exeter, a cop pulled me over n told me that any exhaust modifications are illegal in the state of NH. He just gave me a verbal warning n' let me go. Im from CT so i dont think they really can get me for anything on the exhaust issue.

DREAMWORKS

Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/id/importscrx
Masta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 05:29 PM   #9
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
Sup guys...
I lived in NH for 21 years and have had to deal with the same junk as you guys have. The problem with NH is that there are multiple laws governing the exhausts. As long as your exhaust meets all carb limits and other enviromental limits you should be fine. But there is also the noise issue. Nevermind the exhaust law, there are seperate laws governing the noise limit. The problem is that there are actually more than one different laws applying at the same time. The state of course could care less because none of the people who make the laws know what an exhaust is.

At some point if anyone is interested, the best idea would be to go to Concord and get a copy of all laws governing transportation, enviromental, and noise issues. Read through all of them and make sure that all laws are cross-referenced, and get a final answer. And if you are indeed allowed to have an exhaust after all that, keep a copy of it in your car to show the nice officer.

Another thing you might be interested in is voting. The only way to get all those old republican stickler people out of gov, is to vote them out. Get all your friends together and register to vote.. and actually vote. There are over 400,000 people in NH between 18-25 that are eligible to vote and do not.

side note to mattyoung: dude, you were in hampton.. laws or not your getting pulled over, driving in the hampton area with any kind of mod on your car is asking, and i mean asking to get bothered..

good luck guys..
Old 09-10-2004, 03:46 PM   #10
00EclipseGTsport
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to 00EclipseGTsport

I have Muzzy race pipe on my Kawasaki ZRX 1100. If pulled over, I would let them put the sensor on the back of my pipe while at idle (very quiet here). I would not give them permission to operate my vehicle. I presume they would instruct me to give the bike gas. I would rev it up to 3,500 RPMs and say that is all I take bike up. Past that and the pipe wakes up…

Just because it is capable of being over the limit does not mean you have, are, or will violate the law. See the issue?
69 Ford Galaxie XL Conv. - 69 Ford LTD 2-door Formal Top - 67 Ford Galaxie 500 Conv.
CHECK OUT MY RIDES BY CLICKING HERE
00EclipseGTsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:05 AM   #11
sikofu
AF Newbie

Angry Re: NH Modified Exhaust law REPEALED!!

To "Japprecision" your a typical little selfish asshole who thinks your need to have a loud muffler and rev it up[ going by peoples houses and through neighborhoods waking them up at all hours of the day night supersedes their right to quiet and sleep...FU you little fuking piece of shit.....Id love to fuking destroy all of the little cars out there and the faggits in them....with these hyped up loud exhausts....FU ALL...Im looking for you fukers
sikofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:07 AM   #12
sikofu
AF Newbie

Steve = the problem is you give people the ability to be over the limit and they WIL and they will abuse it going by peoples houses they dont like etc....and im fuking sick of you all...I will blow up everyone of you fuckers
sikofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #13
Spcyoung11b
AF Newbie

Sikofu: just try to "blow up" my car,my bike , or my self. I will not hesitate to put 2 in your bitch ass. You ain't nothing but a loud mouth punk. So do us all a favor. Go back to what ever rock your little pussy ass crawled out from under and lay down. That being said for a state touting to be " the most free" still has some work to do. I'm currently out in KS and was debating moving out to NH. But if they are going to trip on a lowered car, or modified exhaust, or even my Harley's aftermarket exhaust I'm not sure. Would love to come out and visit but I'm not to keen on being fucked with.
Spcyoung11b is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Eastern US