Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 02:55 PM   #1
65comet
AF Enthusiast

02 Intrigue no accessory/dash in run

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue. Turn key to Acces and get radio, windows, wipers, etc correctly as expected, there is no environmental control on also as expected. Turn key to Run and get enviro but all things related to Accessories are off. Turn to Start and car starts but back in Run still no Acces and none of the gauges are working. Turn it to Acces and engine stops and radio (assessories) are back. Turn it to Run from this position and the engine starts cranking even though I am no where near the Start position and after it starts I can hear the starter is still going, so I turn it off all the way. Going from all the way off to Run again doesn't kick in the starter. Only going Off, Acces, Run, Start, Run, Acces, Run will cause it to engage the starter in the Run position. I think the ignition switch is bad and I'm going to replace it (plenty of posts on how to do that). But I didn't see anything with these symptoms so I thought I put in a post so that it would show up in searches. I'll reply after the new switch to say how that goes. Oh, I did check all the fuses just in case a bad one was really the problem and they were all good (pulled each and check conductivity). I did a fairly good amount of key wiggling, but that didn't change things any.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:31 PM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: 02 Intrigue no accessory/dash in run

I would suspect the ignition switch as well.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:09 AM   #3
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Last night I sprayed some Electronics/Contact cleaner into the key slot, soaking things pretty heavy. After leaving it for a few minutes, cycling the key worked perfectly four times. Then it started to mess up again. So unless the new one I put in tonight messes up, I am 99% certain it is just the switch has gone bad.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:38 PM   #4
65comet
AF Enthusiast

The new Samsung phone avail at Walmart ad is a total PIA! It covers the whole screen and never goes away. I have to click another link and try to get back in here as fast as possible so that it doesn't block my screen to actually use this forum.
Ok, so, I got the new switch in and it works perfectly. Took the back off the old one and two of the contacts were burned so much that cleaning wouldn't have helped because too much material would have to be taken away.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue