Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 10:18 PM   #1
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

Airbag light on

When i have a passenger in my escape i get an airbag light on the dash i finally was able to get the code number B2438 B2438 52 Passenger Safety Belt Buckle Switch Circuit Short to Ground i am just not sure if it is the actual seat-belt or the pre-tensioner that it plugs into i will be trying to troubleshoot to the best of my ability but thought maybe there was a ford tech or mechanic that might be a little more insightful than my local dealer
Old 06-26-2018, 11:53 PM   #2
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

Re: Airbag light on

well i fixed the problem... it seemed to be a wire rubbing on the pre-tensioner mounting bracket that wore through and shorted it out i gues some times you have to figure things out on your own

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid