Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 05:06 PM   #76
roxem
AF Newbie

Re: Oil pressure light was blinking at idle; now constant

Did anyone figure out a solution to this oil light issue? I have a 2002 Ford Escape, 177k miles, & this oil pressure light keeps coming on anytime I'm under about 45mph & I'm not pressing on the accelerator pedal, (so when I'm coasting, braking, or stopped). Had oil change & the oil pressure sensor replaced & the light still comes on. Seems to only come on when oil reaches its op temp because I have to be driving it a bit before it starts coming on, but it comes on every day. If anyone fixed it, would be great to hear what helped for you. My mechanic seems like an idiot to be honest. :/
roxem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:10 AM   #77
65comet
AF Enthusiast

If you've had the oil changed to a heavier weight and replaced the sensor, then the only solution is replacing the oil pump. Bad design causes them to wear out enough to cause this issue usually starting around the 100,000 mile mark. Since it is way past warranty, Ford doesn't care. They don't want a car to last forever. The pump is mounted around the crankshaft, so it is almost an all day thing for someone that knows what they are doing. So it could be $1,000.00 or more just in labor at most shops. I say up the oil weight and drive it. At stops for mine I got in the habit of putting it in neutral till the light went green, just saying what I did till I got an engine out of a wreck with only 20,000 miles on it. Not recommending placing a vehicle in neutral for liability reasons.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:16 PM   #78
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

yeah i got mine figured out i spent 40 dollars for a new switch and 2 hrs labor changing the switch as it's in a Spot... you can't get at so i figured while i had it in the air i would also do an oil change and with the filter off the switch was a little easier to get at but it was still 1 click at a time with the ratchet...i drove it for a year and never saw the light come on again even with the 5w20 synthetic mobil 1 oil. i finally came to the realizaton that this was just not the vehicle i wanted so i traded it in on a 2014 mustang gt convertible ( i am a little happier but the neighbors are not)

ratchet wrenches are your friend for this job or you have to remove the a/c compressor and i wasn't doing that so i just took my time and all worked out fine
Grabber5.0 (12-06-2019)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid