Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
Kelsey92504
AF Regular

2006 gmc sierra bose system

I have a 2006 GMC sierra with the Bose stereo system. It doesn't have the subwoofer under the cup holder in the center console. I want to add a sub and amp I have using the stock stereo. I have a line out converter to install the amp. I usually hook up the loc behind the head unit. But I have heard that you can install loc under center console. Which spot is better? Under console or behind radio? Are the wires light blue and blue, and yellow and brown for rear channels? Do some of the trucks with Bose system come with and without the Bose sub? Any help is appreciated.
Kelsey92504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
Re: 2006 gmc sierra bose system

I know nothing about GMC trucks .... you can install the loc wherever is the most convenient, are you saying there are factory run speaker wires under the center console ?
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
Kelsey92504
AF Regular

Yes, the bose system has a factory amp, thats why they have the wires under center console.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
Kelsey92504
AF Regular

Ok I found out a few things while installing my sub and amp, I figured I would post the things I found out while trying to install my system. When it comes to installing a system in a bose vehicle, you have a few options.

One is you can of coarse spend the almost two hundred dollars in adapters not counting the aftermarket radio if you don't have one and install a system that way.

The second option is you can get a plug and play pac interface which has two sets of preamp or rca outputs. That will plug directly into your stock wiring and you can use your stock head unit. The interface cost anywhere around 30-60 dollars, depending on where you buy it.

The way I ended up doing mine was using a line out converter (loc). This way requires no splicing as well if you do it the way I did it. My truck has the bose sub and amp under the center console. The amp is located in the back of the console. Take your loc and add about a foot of wire to each wire coming out of the loc. Once you add on the wire, there are two plugs on the factory amp, the one closest to the passenger side is the one you will use. Unplug the connector. The sub wires are as follows: L+ is dark blue/white, L- is light green/black, R+ is dark green, R- is light blue/black. Take your loc wires you extended and just plug them right into the back of the plug with the right colors and they will stay right in the plug with the stock wires. That's it worked great for me. Nice clean crisp bass.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD

OEMs seem to want to make it hard to upgrade their system without replacing the whole thing. They arrogantly assume no one would want anything better.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote