Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Scénic/Scénic RX4
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #16
motherhenn
AF Newbie

Question Re: immobiliser wont respond to key fob

Hi, hope you can help a female newbie with this prob! Have tried the mobile camera trick and can see a very faint light but it doesn't stay on unlike my tv remote. Does this mean that a new fob is needed or can I still try to reset it with the instructions for the central locking? Also, if the CL thing does work, will it work for good or is it something that has to be done everytime you get in the car?
Many thanks
motherhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #17
hurlbag74
AF Newbie

Re: immobiliser wont respond to key fob

Hi Motherhenn, regarding your queery, the light from your key should be quite bright if viewed throught a mobile camera or digital camera. If it is very dim, I would first try a change of batteries, which you can pick up at any auto parts trader: Halfords, Auto Factors, etc. If this doesn't work then in reply to your next queery, yes it does seem to be a permanent fix, however I have lost the use of my Immobiliser, alarm and the central locking doesn't work on the key any more. I would possibly recommend visiting a dealer for a newer car, but my Laguna is only worth a handful of spare change so I didn't want to spend out. Goto http://renaulthelp.110mb.com/ImmBypass.html and the instructions are shown.
hurlbag74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #18
motherhenn
AF Newbie

Hiya, many thanks - I have had new batteries put in by the dealer; they lasted 2 days before the key packed up completely leaving me and the kids stranded at night! I have been quoted £75 by the dealer for a new fob and another £50 from a Renault appointed garage quite locally that will come out and resych the new key at my home, which will be a lot cheaper than me getting the car recovered to the dealer to have the same thing done. Did you lose all functions of the key after getting a replacement?
motherhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #19
sully1
AF Newbie

Talking Re: immobiliser wont respond to key fob

1998 scenic R reg, I can work the keyhowever only one other person has been able to, the reason i bought the car was for my wife to use for the family so have saved masses of cash with this code thank you i did pay a renault dealer £15 for my code, better than £150 for a new key! do use the info to find the 4 digit code via the internet and save yourselves £10-15 at a dealer.
sully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #20
ozzyjr
AF Newbie

if the scenic is pre 2000 you should be able to get the car to start by unlocking the drivers door with the key then while holding the key as close to the roof mounted sensor as you can lock and unlock the door as you usually would it works on my 98 scenic.
ozzyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #21
Glenljohnson
AF Newbie

I had same problem with my megane, the light would not stop flashing even with trying all the methods of holding the central locking and the windscreen wiper to get code.
I then just disconnected the car battery and rubbed to 2 connectors together and left if off for over an hour, then re connected the battery and the light had gone off and keys was re synced and car started
Glenljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:52 AM   #22
ayookeleye
AF Newbie

Pls help
I tried using another battery to start my car, made a mistake in connecting the cables there was a sparK, immediately correct it start the car and drove off but after 5hrs I insert the card to my car the car did not seem to read the car, went for the 2nd card the samething, so no light on dashboard, no ignition light & car would not start. When I put on the radio, I've to input the code.
Thank you
ayookeleye is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Scénic/Scénic RX4