Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > S70
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
drmattdogg
AF Newbie

Car lock problems and door panel access!

a few weeks ago my passenger side door stopped working. one day i hit unlock and i believe i tried opening the door while it was in the process of unlocking and i heard a loud click noise. ever since i have been unable to open the passanger side door from the outside. it will open if i try from the inside.

i was going to attempt to try and fix the problem but after inspecting the inside of the door, i have no idea how to remove the paneling to get to the insides. i only found one screw and it seems like it is used to remove the panel that houses the unlocking switch. does anyone know how to remove the door panel? is this problem something i could even fix or should i just resort to taking it to someone who knows what they are doing?
drmattdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:59 PM   #2
Rlpsctt
AF Newbie

Re: Car lock problems and door panel access!

The same issue happened to me. You have found the screw and that's removable by using a torques bit (I think it's a 15 or 20 bit). It been a while since I took my door off. There's a plastic bezel that is around the release handle. If you have a thin metal awl, that would help. You can press the tabs down. The first time I just pull the bezel slowly without breaking the tabs. For the door, ask for a tool from an automotive store. I used a plastic stick and slid it behind the door. Be careful. You need to pry in the location of the white plastic retainers. Once you have popped out all the retainers then the door can be pulled away. Remember to unplug the wires. This is general info. Good luck.
Rlpsctt is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > S70