Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 10:53 AM   #1
5_LiTeR_EaTeR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 5_LiTeR_EaTeR
Vtec not working!?

Well ever since I did the b16 swap in my rex the check engine light has been on. I checked my wiring to my vtec pressure valve. I get code 22 which is Vtec pressure valve and I think code 15 which is Ignition output signal. I thought it was my VSS at first because if it doesn't give a signal ot my ecu the vtec won't kick in. I had code 17 for a while but it doesn't show that anymore. so I am stuck with code 15 and 22. I don't want to go and replace things if they aren't bad but I am gonna try to replace that. And what is Ignition output signal? Is that the signal back from distributor? Thanks for your help guys. MY MOTOR IS PRETTY DAMN SLOW!!
5_LiTeR_EaTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 11:27 AM   #2
90CRXZCSi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to 90CRXZCSi Send a message via Yahoo to 90CRXZCSi
Did you get the B16 ecu? Did you check the wires that run to the VTEC solenoid and make sure that was all connected? Check the wires that run to the distributor and all the wires around the whole motor to make sure that everything is connected and if everything is then make sure you connected up the right wires that go to the designated spot. They all should be color coded so you can tell what goes where.
90CRXZCSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 05:38 PM   #3
5_LiTeR_EaTeR
AF Enthusiast

yeah I got a PR3 b16 ecu. I made sure all of my wiring was right and went to the ecu correctly. I have the red w/ white tracer going to my ecu then the green wire going to ground. I had that first and then it didn't fix it so I switched them around and then back. I think I am going to replace the vtec pressure switch. anyone got one that works? honda dealer is charging me 75... its michigan what do ya expect? But does anyone know what the ignition output signal is? thanks guys!
Old 03-25-2002, 08:37 PM   #4
incoming
Banned

yeah i did a b16a swap too and ive got an engine check light but the thing is, i took it to honda and they dont know what code it is cos the engine's jdm.

im sure it one of my sensors not hooked up.. honda dont know what it is either cos the plugs different to the aussie crx/civic's. it on the back of the block, above the oil filter.... i havent taken it off yet cos i've had no time but my car seems to be running perfect!!!

can any1 help?
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 08:53 PM   #5
5_LiTeR_EaTeR
AF Enthusiast

YEAH I CAN! Its your knock sensor bro. I do believe its above the oil filter in the back of the block. It shouldn't make a big difference driveability. The knock sensor retards and advances timing based on firing of your plugs. If it recognizes a knock from the motor from early detonation they it will adjust timing. I want to see if this was ture and I hooked up a computer to the ECU on other cars and hit the block with a hammer and you can see it adjust the timing based on how hard you hit it! Find out what code it is and I will tell you what it is. It should be code 23 if I can remember correctly. Hope you fix yours. I hope i have fix mine first though. ATLEAST YOUR VTEC F**KIN' WORKS!!!!!
Old 03-25-2002, 09:09 PM   #6
incoming
Banned

hey thanks man..

yeah its in the back of the block above the oil filter.. is it really important to have??

becos ive rang a few places for this part but they wont sell it separately.. f*ckin pricks!!!

i cant find out the code.... i think the honda guys said it doesnt match up to the "honda manual" becos its a JDM engine....

so..ive basically been driving around since sept with no knock sensor aye... is that bad????
Old 03-25-2002, 09:10 PM   #7
incoming
Banned

hey thanks man..

yeah its in the back of the block above the oil filter.. is it really important to have??

becos ive rang a few places for this part but they wont sell it separately.. f*ckin pricks!!!

i cant find out the code.... i think the honda guys said it doesnt match up to the "honda manual" becos its a JDM engine....

so..ive basically been driving around since sept with no knock sensor aye... is that bad????

btw ... f*&king love hitting VTEC.... ahahahahaha