Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
cmac2992
AF Newbie

What to do with my 240sx

I have about 2k to spend, and I am not sure exactly what to do. I have basic mechanical skills, but i dont think that I would be qualified to do something like replacing pistons and stuff. I was thinking a cold air intake, I think the short ram air intake, with extension to make it a cold air intake,(cant remember what brand). Also a catback, and headers and maybe lsd. I am not really sure what brands are good, but i want everything to fit together well, and be street legal. All help would be helpful. btw it is a s13, o ya it is an auto if that makes any differnce. And the car will be driven on the track, and maybe drifted, as well as the occasional drag, nothing competitive, just for fun
cmac2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
doberman_52
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to doberman_52
Re: What to do with my 240sx

Suspension would be a good idea if you are putting it on a track for anything, drifting, autocross, drag, etc.

Cory
doberman_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

spend that 2k on a manual transmission swap, LSD, and some suspension parts. you dont have enough to go all out, maybe just some subframe collars, RUCAs, and a couple chassis braces. oh and tires.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:15 AM   #4
usar89b
AF Newbie

I'm with Slideways, go manual. I know you said S13, but what year? What engine? I got my ka24de from the yard for $200, and a rebuild kits only about $500, and its not that tough. Unless you already got a kade.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
awesomewassum001
AF Newbie

if you are going to do any drift id put an sr20 w/ a new tranny but thats just me
awesomewassum001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

not with 2 grand he shouldnt. you need much more than power to drift. the best things he could get with his money are a manual tranny and tires. oh and more driving skill. getting suspension and a LSD should be next, and if you are really planning on drifting, more power should be the last upgrade. after you know how to drift your car with stock power.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #7
naughtydawg19
AF Newbie

suspension and convert the transmission to a manual i promiss you will have alot more fun. if you want save up for the sr20 but its not street legal
naughtydawg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:34 PM   #8
ZilverZilvia
AF Regular

For 2 grand you'll just be able to replace the trans with a manual and a good clutch/flywheel, thats it (including labor if you're lucky). That alone will decrease the mechanical drag on the engine and you'll definitely feel more power to the wheels, not to mention better fuel economy and a more responsive engine.
If you want to have ANY fun with the car, it has to be manual. The autos are for picking up groceries and sitting in traffic, nothing more. The internals cant handle any drift type driving, not to mention the torque converter will turn to sludge.
If your on a budget, the SR is not the best bet. Stay with the KA and tune the hell out of it (correctly).

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX