Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 02:19 AM   #1
KitsuneZero
AF Newbie

Head rest/restraint issues on 2009. Any suggestions?

My fiancee needs a new car. She wants a small SUV/crossover. One of the vehicles we're concidering is a 09 CR-V. We liked it, however th seats are very uncomfortable.

The angle of the headrest is too far forward. Now, before you start jumping down my throat, I know that it's actually a restraint and not intended to have your head pressed against it at all times. However, I still call it a headrest.

The headrest is so far forward that it prevents us from being able to properly place our back in the seat. Like many others it makes us sit with our chins to our chest unless we want to not have our back in the seat at all.

On other forums people who voiced this complain were met with overwhelming amounts of people saying that they're fine with it and Honda knows what their doing so if your uncomfortable then it's your fault and you must be doing something wrong. These people seem oblivious to the fact that everyone is built differently.

I also came across this article.
http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?p=219288

Changing the lean of the seat doesn't do anything for us. It's still uncomfortable and the headrest prevents us from actually using the seat for any real kind of back support. It feels like sitting on a milkcrate.

Now, I could always modify the headrest rails or swap it out for another rest, but I don't want to have to do that and it'll be a deal breaker for the CR-V.

Are there any better options for dealing with this?
KitsuneZero is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V