Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fiesta
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 06:47 AM   #1
SimonF1
AF Newbie

kwik fit Horsham

Hi'
I took my mk6 2007 fiesta to Kwik Fit Horsham for 2 new tyres and a oil change.

When i got my car back it had a lopsided steering wheel steering wheel no longer inline with the car also the oil was still black as hell and smells old. Kwik Fit are trying to tell me its normal for it to happen, but i've had tyres changed before and never had this problem. as for the oil i don't think i will ever know, but my guess is they took a pint out and put a pint of new back in.
SimonF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:22 PM   #2
Tizzywoo
AF Newbie

Angry Re: kwik fit Horsham

This my experience of Kwik fit Newbury, Berkshire.

Engine damaged after routine service and car left in bits for 3 weeks unable to even recover it to another garage
Booked in for a routine service and MOT, the fuel filter was not correctly fitted and the engine spewed diesel all over itself and disintegrated the alternator belt. The car broke down and I was stranded on the A4 for 5 hours in the freezing cold with no heating as the engine was dead.
I got the car recovered to Newbury Kwikfit who did the original service. they kept telling me wrong parts sent and had dismantled the engine and left it in bits for 3 weeks so I was unable to have it recovered to another garage. I checked myself and the part was in the UK and available for overnight delivery. I believe they have damaged the engine and don’t know how to fix it.
I talked to customer services who said people were in meetings and could be in there all day.

The garage in Newbury told me they could not put the car back together again.
I could have broken down on the M4 or even had an engine fire – absolutely life threatening appalling service from Kwikfit – don’t take your car there is you value your safety.

update: Area manager has just called to help me get the problem resolved and was very helpful. He said kwik fit would get the car to a dealer and pay for the repairs

update: 22/12/16 I have had no car for 4 weeks and have no car for Christmas, the area manager has gone on leave and left this mess without even talking to me. The Newbury kwik fit centre drove my car to the dealer with fuel leaking everywhere and no gasket fitted having had the head cylinder off and dumped it there. This was unnecessary as I had offered to get it recovered on a low loader.

This car went in for an MOT and full service with nothing wrong with it and is now in god knows what state. I am lost for words - how does this company stay in business? Will they have to cause a death before something is done?

I intend to take legal action as soon as I have a damage report from the dealer.
Tizzywoo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
fit , horsham , kwik , ripoff
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fiesta