Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fiesta
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
anamorph333
AF Newbie

Question Engine light seemingly caused by seat sensor, but which one?

About a year ago, my little sister dumped her full, large milkshake in my driverside floorboard. We went straight to the car wash and found it wasn't isolated to the floor mat, but was also under and around it. I used the car wash sprayer to gently shampoo the carpet then vacuumed it up.

About a week later, the orange wrench "service engine now" light started going off.

When it does so, it prevents me from using cruise control. This is the only problem caused by it really, but for me it is a big problem.

It seems to me to be a sensor in the seat. It goes off intermittently as well, but typically you are driving down the road and shift your weight in the seat and the warning light goes off. Which leads to me killing the engine at stoplights, bouncing in the seat (making nearby motorists wonder about my sanity) and praying that the cruise control will work again when I restart the engine.

I'm rewarded only about 1/5 of these attempts.

None of the chain auto parts stores can read any codes, even though they see the service engine now light is on.

Does anyone know which sensor it could be?
anamorph333 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
engine , light , service
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fiesta