Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
dunne08
AF Newbie

Looking For Castors/Part Builders

Im looking for some parts like a Spoon spoiler and Spoon front lip to fit a 1:24 Hasegawa Honda Civic eg6.

I cant find them to buy and Ive found out people make their own, Im just staring out so I dont know how to make them.

Can someone that is able to create a Spoon spoiler or Spoon Front lip or both please help me and I will buy them from you.

Please

Last edited by drunken monkey; 09-06-2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: because in no school are you taught to capitalise the first letter of every word
dunne08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
willimo
Sweet, sweet tiny Hondas.

Re: Looking For Castors/Part Builders

For as much work as it is to cut off the spoiler molded into the body on the kit, and replace it with one that someone else made, you'd be better of making your own. It's really not very difficult, and if you've seen people make their own, you've got a good idea how. Try it, it's just plastic.

Recent builds: Rocket Bunny FR-S and stock BRZ Toyota bB Bro-style Civic K20 powered SiR converted EK WIP I build slowly and poorly.
willimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
dunne08
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by willimo View Post
For as much work as it is to cut off the spoiler molded into the body on the kit, and replace it with one that someone else made, you'd be better of making your own. It's really not very difficult, and if you've seen people make their own, you've got a good idea how. Try it, it's just plastic.
Thanks for the reply, ya thats what Ill have to do its just that Im only starting so Ive no experience so I dont really know how to make one Ill try and figure it out.

Ive seen your how to threads and there excellent do you have any on how to make a Spoon spoiler?

Last edited by drunken monkey; 09-06-2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: because in no school are you taught to capitalise the first letter of every word
Old 09-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
turbothirtytwo
AF Regular

if you dont have enough experience why dont you build just OOB civic to learn painting and building techniques? you can create hyper tuned car but if it wont have beautiful finish all work is down. you will be happy even with OOB trust me
turbothirtytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:56 AM   #5
dunne08
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbothirtytwo View Post
if you dont have enough experience why dont you build just OOB civic to learn painting and building techniques? you can create hyper tuned car but if it wont have beautiful finish all work is down. you will be happy even with OOB trust me

I dont know what OOB is, but Im building a replica of my friends sar so I want it to be exact, & I dont need to paint it as it comes in da colour I want

Last edited by drunken monkey; 09-06-2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: because in no school are you taught to capitalise the first letter of every word
Old 09-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #6
klutz_100
AF Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to klutz_100

"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference."

- Saint Francis of Assisi

"I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel" - Edmund Blackadder
klutz_100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
endac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunne08 View Post
I dont know what OOB is, but Im building a replica of my friends sar so I want it to be exact, & I dont need to paint it as it comes in da colour I want
OOB means out of box. As in you paint and assemble the kit without using any accesories bought seperately like wheels and photo etched parts.
If you're serious about building a spoon civic keep a look out on ebay. Fujimi made one a few years back but they're long out of production, you might get lucky and find one.
endac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #8
jano11
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutz_100 View Post
"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference."

- Saint Francis of Assisi
jano11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #9
dunne08
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by endac View Post
OOB means out of box. As in you paint and assemble the kit without using any accesories bought seperately like wheels and photo etched parts.
If you're serious about building a spoon civic keep a look out on ebay. Fujimi made one a few years back but they're long out of production, you might get lucky and find one.

Ok thanks for that, I've allready bought a Hasegawa Civic Sir II and Im gonna make like this Civic:

Last edited by drunken monkey; 09-06-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: because in no school are you taught to capitalise the first letter of every word.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #10
MidMazar
AF Fanatic

I would try to do it yourself. But if you have no experience or very little in modeling i suggest building a few kits first before you tackle a serious one that involves scratch building. 2 part epoxy putty like milliput or tamiya are the best way to go as you can mold them and shape them. They also give you a long time where you can handle them before they cure unlike regular putties.

This is the only wing i know of, but its for a revell civic. Different year.
http://www.freewebs.com/tunedbytwent...scatalogue.htm
Old 09-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #11
dunne08
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMazar View Post
I would try to do it yourself. But if you have no experience or very little in modeling i suggest building a few kits first before you tackle a serious one that involves scratch building. 2 part epoxy putty like milliput or tamiya are the best way to go as you can mold them and shape them. They also give you a long time where you can handle them before they cure unlike regular putties.

This is the only wing i know of, but its for a revell civic. Different year.
http://www.freewebs.com/tunedbytwent...scatalogue.htm

Im Just After Ordering A One Part Tamiya Putty Will I Be Better Off Getting 2 Part?

This Is The Spoiler Im Talkin Bout:

Thanks Alot For That Link Thers A Couple Things I Need From There, Nice One!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
1:24 , civic , hasegawa , spoiler , spoon
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling