Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 06:20 AM   #1
Geconarni
AF Newbie

New platform for buying&selling classic car parts - need your opinion!

Hello!

I’m writing to ask for your advise and feedback.

I’m fascinated by the world of classic cars and restoration, but I always struggled with the way how classic car parts are sold in the Internet. It seems very unorganized and chaotic - so many seller's sites, ebay surfing, a lot of researching, messaging and so on.

So I assembled a team of developers, and we’re currently working on the marketplace, which will make the process of buying and selling parts for classic cars intuitive and easy worldwide. It’s based on subscribtion mechanics. Let me describe our vision.

Sellers. Each seller can subscribe to any car from our catalog (which is going to be as complete as possible). He can subscribe to ether a single generation (e.g. BMW E34), or whole model (e.g. all generations of BMW 5 series), or whole maker/brand (e.g. All models and all generations of BMW). After he’s done that, he receives all requests for parts only for cars from his subscribtion list.

Buyers. Each buyer on our platform has his own garage, where he can put his cars. For each car he can put in all the details about it’s specifications, condition etc. When he needs a part for his car, he forms a request. This request is linked to his particular car, and it’s sent to every seller, who is subscribed to this maker/model/generation. When responses from dellers start to come in, buyer sees them all in one place. He can message each responder, compare offers based on condition of the part in question, shipping details etc.

What do you think?
Geconarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:24 AM   #2
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Re: New platform for buying&selling classic car parts - need your opinion!

That sounds like it would fill the void the currently exists in terms of finding rare parts and actually creating a centralized location for competition.

It all comes down to execution - ease of use of the website and the implementation of the necessary functionality. The users will come if the website can offer unique value.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars