Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 08:50 AM   #1
MercManiac
AF Newbie

Just bought the Range Rover, did I do the right thing???

Taking delivery of the 2004 Range Rover HSE on August 26th with Oxford package. Did a lot of research on SUV's and I kept coming back to RR....I think it's one of the best designed and built autos in the world.

As you can tell by my signature, I'm a Benz fan....I also own a 2001 S600. Merecedes doesn't have anything in the SUV realm that competes with the Range Rover....other than the G500 in strictly the "off road performance realm".

Only worry........I know about past reliability but I've heard the new Range Rovers are extremely reliable.....am I wrong or right???

From my research I've found the only gaff on 2003 was adjustable steering pressure pump monitor sometimes deactivating which gave impression that front wheels were unbalanced.

Any owner inputs on the new Range Rover would be appreciated.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:22 PM   #2
RACER D12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RACER D12
yes you did. They say the RR rides like a bently

Lindsey Boost Enhancer, Blitz EBC, Hot Air Intake, Koni Yellows
RACER D12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 05:04 PM   #3
msh1908
AF Newbie

Good Luck with Your Range Rover - Mine was a Lemon

My 2003 Range Rover has been in for at least 21 days for suspension problems. Just had to have it towed in to the dealer today for a transmission failure...It just started grinding and then stopped on the freeway - dangerous car to own. Best of Luck to you
msh1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:48 AM   #4
moveruk
AF Newbie

I have a 95 RR. There is a parts crisis for all models, new and old.
moveruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:06 PM   #5
Cbass94
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Cbass94
Re: Just bought the Range Rover, did I do the right thing???

I think you did the right thing. The RR is a great auto! I've loved them ever since they came out with the first model in the '80's! If you do have problems with it, just make sure the dealer does things right, they are usually very good (at least here in Utah they are).

BTW, I'm a Mercedes fan too (funny how mercedes and Land Rover just fit together so well...)
-Brad
Cbass94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 12:08 AM   #6
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999

bad investment, if you can call it that. i have never owned, or will ever own any land rover or land rover built auto. but i have a friend who owns a range rover hse and he says it is a piece of crap. he tells me that it keeps breaking down on him and it always needs a tune up. the bmw v8 should be assembled by people who know bmw engines. if you want a sub-$80,000 suv, get a hummer h2 or a merc g500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercManiac
Taking delivery of the 2004 Range Rover HSE on August 26th with Oxford package. Did a lot of research on SUV's and I kept coming back to RR....I think it's one of the best designed and built autos in the world.

As you can tell by my signature, I'm a Benz fan....I also own a 2001 S600. Merecedes doesn't have anything in the SUV realm that competes with the Range Rover....other than the G500 in strictly the "off road performance realm".

Only worry........I know about past reliability but I've heard the new Range Rovers are extremely reliable.....am I wrong or right???

From my research I've found the only gaff on 2003 was adjustable steering pressure pump monitor sometimes deactivating which gave impression that front wheels were unbalanced.

Any owner inputs on the new Range Rover would be appreciated.
porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:30 AM   #7
Cbass94
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Cbass94

That's good to hear it's a bad investment from someone who has NO experience with Land Rovers besides his dog's friend who has one (yeah, it does say he has just ONE doesn't it). Maybe your friend should have checked out the individual car before he bought it, it's usually a good idea to have cars checked out before you buy them to see if it's a lemon. Personally I know tons of people who have RR's and we have two Land Rovers, great cars. Yes the maintenance is expensive, but no more than other luxury cars. And if you do some looking, it is not hard to save tons of money on the maintenance, which is one thing you can not do as easily with other luxury cars.
Cbass94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 04:44 PM   #8
RR24
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to RR24
Amazing vehicle...

I picked up my 2004 Range last November and just did my 7500 mile service last week...no problems...best thing Landrover did put BMW engine and technology in their Flagship SUV...ps im also a benz guy...got a 2003 SL500...but your right no good benz SUVs out there...good luck with your new vehicle..check out what i did to my Range when you have a chance... http://www.cardomain.com/id/rangerover24
RR24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 07:47 PM   #9
glenncof
AF Regular

My 1991 RR was purchased with 63K and now has 169K ready for another 100K.

Oh I did need to fix it last week.

Starter...only lasted 169K miles.....including 4 years in New England. I'm all prepared for it to fail again at say...340K miles.

No I don't have air suspension. It would be outa here...
glenncof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 12:57 PM   #10
theborg
AF Newbie

Good luck to ya'. My 2003 had the steering column replaced, steering wheel motor failure, noisy ride (wheels/tires/brakes???); on a steep expressway hill it begin to slow down and would not accelerate; and yesterday on the very dangerous expressway, the wheels begin to bounce like crazy (I thought all the balancing weights had popped off) then it emitted a loud squeal and grinding noise that killed the transmission and suddenly lost any ability to accelerate. In short it lost all power and fortunately no 18-wheelers were riding my bumper because I was only able to coast from the fast lane to the left hand side of the road and wait for a tow truck. I really thought I was going to be killed, but thank God, the other motorist slowed down and let me coast to safety. If this is what RR is all about, they can keep them. In nine years of owning Ford Explorers, the only thing that broke, was the rear window wiper. Hopefully Ford can fix the RR's many and very dangerous problems. RR is a beautiful vehicle...but it is also a very dangerous vehicle.
theborg is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque