Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 07:57 PM   #1
www.pasieka.org
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to www.pasieka.org
Range Rover Seat Membranes Are Replaceable!!!

This is a personal for sale so I don’t think it is corporate advertising and theirfor should not be in violation of any board or community rules.. If so please allow me to retract this post an accept my appology.

the first thing i wanted to do when i inherited my father’s rover was replace the seats (by the way it was such a POS at that point he couldn’t look at it anymore, I am not a spoiled rich kid if that’s what you think) after about 20 listing on ebay ending in seats that would have costed me 500$ or more after shipping, I gave up looking after that. One day when I was trying to find a valve tick (actually it was a cracked exaust manifold) my wife says "why dont you have me reupholster your seats while the engine is dissassembled and the car is unusable" i thought ... i didnt know you can do that.... anyways in an effort to help in the war against "made in china" i am offering my wifes services (at her request of course) and naturally: proudly MADE IN THE USA.

She takes Vinyl you want us to buy (we buy from JoAnns fabrics, go to your local store and tell us which color and durability you want us to use, some have different patterns and things… matching to your existing color can only be done by your skillfull eye)

then from the patterns she created from our old seats she sews new seat membranes that fit the range rover classic seats....

replacing the membranes is not as bad as you think and shipping of just the membrane sure beats the cost of shipping a whole seat... i would say it took us less than an hour to remover the old membranes and 2 hours (had a few beers doing it ) to install the new ones.... all you need is wire cutters for the pig nose staples when removing the old seat membrane and a flat screw driver to pull back tabs holding the membrane on the lower part of the seat. a firm grip for the head rest membrane and maybe a flathead to pry the plastic apart, a rubber mallet to knock the plastic headrest guides out and a philips for the 2 seat control screws and 5 screws of the back of the seat cover (2 are hidden under the material)... ( i think ill make a video and put it up on my site one of these days). the arm rests believe it or not are staple gunned into a 5 layer pielce of plywood... flathead for them to or needle nose.

If all you need is an arm rest just replace an armrest thats EASY TO DO... and cheap... when it comes to the rest... well I can walk you through it if you buy from us actually ill post a link to a site with a video when I make it.... the cost is on a case by case basis... want cheap.... select easy to sew material and give us as much time as we need. tell me you want 3 mm thick marine grade vinyl by the end of the week and be prepared for at least 2 zeos in your dollar amount.. I’m just joking, in all honesty i will relay info to her and you can msn messenger us to see if we can negotiate something... but its up to her and since today (October 29th 2004) is the first day were advertising her services (shes a house wife by the way), their isnt many orders ahead of yours probably, and the cost will be cheaper than the next guys… I believe in building a reputation by providing a good product that will sell itself , she does too.

PS don’t through the old membranes away, we need the plastic anchors (usually black in color) for your new membranes!!!! Ship those too us.

also does anyone have drawings of a do it yourself snorkels for the classic and disco series2 or a cheap source for them?

Marek Pasieka

mark.pasieka@asu.edu

Laboratory for Material-Wave Interactions

Arizona State University

Electrical Engineering Department.
www.pasieka.org is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque