Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 08:40 PM   #1
busta
AF Regular

5.7 Hemi V.s 5.3 Vortec

well iam bored so i zipped over to dodge truck world forum and found da boy's knockin the 5.3 saying the 5.7 hemi will eat us 5.3vortec? what do you think or have you tried to eat a dodge lately?
busta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 07:04 AM   #2
mentaldetektor
AF Newbie

my boss has 2 dodge's. one's a 1500, and one's a 2500. the lighter 1500 would eat up a 5.3 i bet. but the heavier 2500 would be tough to call. about 50 more HP, but 1000 more LBS or so.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:26 AM   #3
jeverett
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to jeverett Send a message via AIM to jeverett Send a message via MSN to jeverett Send a message via Yahoo to jeverett
Re: 5.7 Hemi V.s 5.3 Vortec

In stock form, I raced a single cab short bed 2wd HEMI with my 99 Z71..a 4x4. He beat me by only 3 car lengths. Now that I have my Nelson tune, I feel positive that I can spank his ass. The new HEMI's aren't all everyone thinks they are.
"BIG 3"
2500+ watt audio

jeverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 08:52 AM   #4
Nigel215
AF Enthusiast

I was on the highyway satturday night and i was doin like 70 or so mph. Note that I had 5 people in my truck and 3 bikes in the bed. This guy in a short bed ram with a hemi pulls up next to me all like.....lets go silvy. So I floored it and so did he. Surprisingly I had him until my top speed limiter kicked in. I donno if he was just fuckin with me or if his truck was really a turd. But my friends were pretty psyched on it.

2000 Silverado LS 4.8, K&N FIPK, Gibson Extreme Dual Exhaust, Line-X Bedliner, Black Speed Grille, Viper Alarm System, Custom Audio system.... (need to update my pic)
Nigel215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:56 AM   #5
Limited5.9Cherokee
Banned

having drivin both the hemi's definately arent all their cracked up to be. they are gutless in the new durangos and soso in SWB BTW newer rams have the 100mph top speed limiter also
Limited5.9Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 12:06 PM   #6
Slowprocess
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Slowprocess
I really get sick of those guys over there. I usually go over there to give them hell, because they can't get any numbers without the spray. I have yet to see a low 12sec slip from any of them, not even on the spray. Anyway, back to stock vs stock. I have seen plenty of 5.3L take down the almighty "hemi"roid. They aren't all that.

Daily Driver- 00 Camaro SS A4 1/4- 12.30@118mph 2.14-60ft on street tires
Weekend Warrior-99 Silverado "Dirty" 1/4-11.63@118mph 1.8-60ft
Slowprocess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 03:10 PM   #7
busta
AF Regular

ya

this is what i thought go chev! keep them comin boy's let's hear it.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:29 PM   #8
grego12r
AF Newbie

hi run whit 04 durango hemi today
i got 2000 silverado 5.3 whit gipson exhaust
hypertech 111 and airaid intake system
80mm throttle bodies
we race from 65 mph
and i lost
grego12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:58 PM   #9
Silver X
AF Newbie

Run in with A hemi

Ok I too had A run in with A hemi.Stop light to stop light and then again on the freeway. Sorry to say but there was no compatition. He was very slow and sluggish form the get go and could not keep even when I let up off the throtle to let A car come on the freeway.He jumped ahead just for A second but then I floored it and let him have it with All
305 horse power and then it was over.I couldnt seem him anymore. As I got off the freeway I noticed the black hemi about 3 cars behind me. The next stop light he was next to me motioning me to roll down my window. I rolled down the window and he was screaming at the top of his lungs"what the hell you got in that thing"
I replied its all stock no modifications.
The moral of this story is I drive A 2004 NissanTitan 5.6 liter 305 horse power all stock that can eat up them Hemis with no problem stock.
Imagine if I were to beef up this bad boy!! The power would be unreal.
Watch out boys theres A new sheriff in town!!!!!

IF YOU CANT RUN WITH THE BIG DOG'S STAY ON THE PORCH!!!!
Silver X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 09:19 AM   #10
jeverett
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to jeverett Send a message via AIM to jeverett Send a message via MSN to jeverett Send a message via Yahoo to jeverett

I want a Titan..i just can't afford one.
"BIG 3"
2500+ watt audio

jeverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 12:32 PM   #11
Silver X
AF Newbie

I.m not trying to sell the Titan to anyone I just let the truck speak for itself. If you compare the price between chevy And Nissan in all actuality the nissan comes up lower in price range and better quality.Sure Chevy is offering 0% financeing but how many times do you have to take back the truck when its brand new for repairs that should of been done at the factory.NO more rattle when you start up the motor and the dealer telling you its normal.
Come on chevy!!Dont sell A product and then not stand behind it because it will turn around and bite you in the butt later on.
Tell that to K-mart and Sears when Walmart came around.Nobody though they would have been the biggest retail store in the world.It was totally underestimated.
Thats the same thing that happining to the chevy truck product and they cant see it even though its right in front of there face.
Its the customer that pays your bills!!We buy your product but if the product is pretty shitty then we'll go look else were.
Well look you just set up camp.Nobody can deni that the foriegn cars are more reliable than the American product. I know most of you have A honda sitting in your drive way.The foriegn product has dominated the American market for years except for the full size trucks.Nissan decieded to join the race and they built an awsome truck.Read the reviews and you will see that majority of the people love the Titan and its even made in the U.S.A. I cant say enough good things about it.
Please dont get me wrong I am not A chevy hatter and it was very difficult for me to part with my Silverado but after two long years of going back to the dealer and even willing to trade her in for A new 04 the dealer wouldnt pay off what I owed on the truck.(02 chevy silverado ext cab fully loaded 26k miles 5.3 v8) only oweing 10k.I tried to reason with them but they wanted for me to pay full price on the truck and put the remainder of what they were going to give me for the trade in on the new loan.That was going to put the new loan at around 40k.
Very dissapointed I just got up and walked out with the sales men telling me what do you excpect your truck is two years old its not worth what you owe on it.I just kept walking I figured if they wanted to sell A new truck somebody would be willing to work out A deal but nobody stepped up to the plate.
I ended up at the Nissan dealership and I was amazed that they even built A full size truck.The first time I took it for A test drive I was sold. Noing nothing about the Titan I purchased it.They even worked out A good deal on my trade in.I was amazed on how many chevy's and ford full size trucks were in there back lot waiting to be sold at wholesale Auctions.With my truck there were 22 chevys just sitting back there and they were all trade ins. Wow thats an alarming amount!!
All and All I came out of the dealer with brand new 04 for 27k.
Nissan Titan king cab fully loaded 305 hp v8.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:13 PM   #12
busta
AF Regular

go silver

yip good for you silver! i cant blame you one bit. i've being a loyal chev man for yr's but if you read my post under WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN it's a big fat NO, the shit i've had with this truck is just plain wrong..2000 z-71 5.3 LT leather loaded ,bought new now has 115k, ive done the rear end, drive shaft u-joint's,new tranny costom built this time with corvette servo's,shift kit,solinoids,kevlar band's etc..(4l60e.com rule's) umm the fucking knock in the morning is killing me 2 set's of tire's,brake's all around,both poweer mirror's,4x4 switch,had it in for the horn a zillon time and guess what it's broke again???? this is just the tip of the burg! the only reason iam keeping it is because it's paid for so i might as well keep her till it's dead every thing is new at 100k except the motor so i figure if i'll keep it now since MOST of the bug's are out, why buy someone else's problem's and go thru this all again? i tell diesel next time we'll see what's out at that time i guess, if only the powerewagon had a cummins i'd be sold! anyway back to my thought on a licence plate up here in canada 8 letter's so what do you think of HEMI-ETR, iam sure that'll pick a few drag's! lol oh p.s i think chev still look's best in and out.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:29 PM   #13
Silver X
AF Newbie

That sounds like A good licence plate..Gotta keep that one in mind. If you wait another year Nissan is coming out with there heavy duty
full size truck with A diesel motor.
Now that gonna be really awsome!!!
Old 11-18-2004, 09:33 PM   #14
busta
AF Regular

shit

you bastard silver dont tell me that! lol hit me up with a site i must see this. not sure if the wife will let me have 2 trucks might have to sell the harley chopper now?
Old 11-18-2004, 09:41 PM   #15
Silver X
AF Newbie

Last edited by Silver X; 11-18-2004 at 11:45 PM.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado