Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 08:48 PM   #1
ezrider714
AF Newbie

2006 Front brake line(s)

Can anyone shed light on the brake line routing to the RF wheel??
Apparently a line blew tonight luckily is was in my driveway....
The fiuid appears to be leaking from the radiator support area, no where near any line I can find?? To
Does the brake line run across to the left side in this area?

If anyone has info/have replaced this any guidance would be highly appreciated
Or any links to an't tutorials.....
Thanks
EZ
Old 08-09-2016, 07:08 PM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: 2006 Front brake line(s)

the pass front brake line runs from that side to the master cylinder on the driver side. . and it does run under the radiator. so what you do is jack up the pass side disconnect the line then follow it back to the master. with it removed and not bent too much you bend NEW line, like what you took out and do a double flare on the ends using the same OEM flare fittings that was on the vehicle. then you bleed the right rear left rear rt front left front . you must bleed the whole deal. not just the pass side .
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to j cAT For This Useful Post:
ezrider714 (08-12-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 09:43 AM   #3
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

If you don't have a double flaring tool most parts stores have pre made pieces by checking the length and bending they will fit. The one front front to back usually is not available.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:47 PM   #4
ezrider714
AF Newbie

Replaced lines(both front) with Ez bend copper/ nickel alloy tubing stated as rustproof?? Parts store assured me this material is legal?? 25ft roll around 30 dollars Double flares seemed same as on steel, used new fittings at caliper hose connection as they were so rusted I almost had to use a WVa socket set to get them out. Reused fittings at ABS unit... Rest of lines are looking very sketchy so I ordered another roll of tubing,1/4" by the way and will be replacing them next week... Till then 2 wheel time..woo hoo
Old 08-13-2016, 10:16 PM   #5
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrider714 View Post
Replaced lines(both front) with Ez bend copper/ nickel alloy tubing stated as rustproof?? Parts store assured me this material is legal?? 25ft roll around 30 dollars Double flares seemed same as on steel, used new fittings at caliper hose connection as they were so rusted I almost had to use a WVa socket set to get them out. Reused fittings at ABS unit... Rest of lines are looking very sketchy so I ordered another roll of tubing,1/4" by the way and will be replacing them next week... Till then 2 wheel time..woo hoo
forgot that the brake line runs into the abs valve unit under the driver seat under the vehicle, master lines feed the abs valve unit.

the line running to the rear is a big time failure . it fails running next to the fuel tank where you cannot see it.

the lines you purchased are better than GM but , will still rust as the coating is weak..

dealership should have lines for your vehicle pre bent for $100.oo...
all these should have been recalled in the rust belt.

I have a 1996 GM vehicle and no rusted lines. GM is selling crap on newer vehicles. also the tranny lines rusting out on new trucks.
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado