Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
Rocktosh
AF Newbie

Are Volvo parts expensive?

Hi,

I was hoping that you guys will be able to help me. Me and my husband are in the process of buying a used car. I want to look into buying a used Volvo, but my husband doesn't like the idea since he thinks that Volvo parts are more expensive then parts for other cars. This is of course important since used cars tend to need to have work done sooner or later.
So, maybe you Volvo owner could tell me; are Volvo parts more expensive then, say, Toyota or Mazda parts, or are expensive Volvo parts a think of the past?

Thanks,

Rocktosh
Rocktosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:46 PM   #2
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

Re: Are Volvo parts expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktosh
Hi,

I was hoping that you guys will be able to help me. Me and my husband are in the process of buying a used car. I want to look into buying a used Volvo, but my husband doesn't like the idea since he thinks that Volvo parts are more expensive then parts for other cars. This is of course important since used cars tend to need to have work done sooner or later.
So, maybe you Volvo owner could tell me; are Volvo parts more expensive then, say, Toyota or Mazda parts, or are expensive Volvo parts a think of the past?

Thanks,

Rocktosh
If you get them from a dealer, YES. Several online sources..fcpgroton.com for one. If taken care of, they can last a long time. Look over at the brickboard.com
aleekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:51 AM   #3
KManiac
AF Enthusiast

I would agree that Volvo parts are more expensive at the dealer than through an independent parts house. I am fortunate to have an independent Volvo parts distributor near where I live.

The most amazing thing I have discovered about Volvo parts is that they are readily available. When I bought our 1986 740 two years ago, I was amazed that every little factory part I needed was available, from either the dealer or the parts house.

Also, for the do-it-yourselfer, the Volvo is very simple to work on.

1962 Chrysler 300 2-door hardtop/1964 Chrysler 300-K convertible/1964 Chrysler Newport 4-door sedan/1964 Chrysler 300-K hardtop with Firepower 390/2x1964 Chrysler 300-K hardtop/1964 Chrysler 300 convertible/1964 Chrysler "Silver 300-K" with factory 4-speed/1964 Chrysler New Yorker Salon/1980 Dodge D-50 Sport/1986 Lincoln Continental/1989 Honda Accord DX/1989 Lincoln Mark VII BB/1991 Dodge Shadow ES convertible
KManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:57 PM   #4
gmorgan23
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleekat
If you get them from a dealer, YES. Several online sources..fcpgroton.com for one. If taken care of, they can last a long time. Look over at the brickboard.com
It is true.. Some parts are expensive but there are other companies that are also selling Volvo car parts and accessories so you do not have to worry about that. Besides, Volvo is a very great car (for me..)
Old 03-14-2008, 12:00 AM   #5
jdgomez
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorgan23
It is true.. Some parts are expensive but there are other companies that are also selling Volvo link removed by Moderator-spamand accessories so you do not have to worry about that. Besides, Volvo is a very great car (for me..)
I agree. There are even those who sell second hand parts for almost half the price. The trick here is finding the best auto parts dealer and sticking with it.

Last edited by '97ventureowner; 05-09-2008 at 12:06 AM.
jdgomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:48 AM   #6
Krisverde
AF Newbie

Generally they are not, like mentioned before...all about finding the right distributor. IPD is fairly expensive, but a guy on turbobricks sells stuff for real cheap also. Depends on what you are looking for.
Krisverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #7
jaguarjenna56
AF Newbie

It really depends on what type of parts you're buying...it may be a link removed by Moderator-spamVolvo Catalytic Converter[/url],clutch, or any part of the car you buy.

Last edited by '97ventureowner; 05-09-2008 at 12:06 AM.
jaguarjenna56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
charliebrown408
AF Newbie

Yes...!!
But its luxurious.
As per other part of your vehicle Volvo is vary expensive part but its necessary for the luxurious lifestyle.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:33 PM   #9
David yu
Banned

Maybe your husband is right and Volvo parts is more expensive than Mazda.
I do hope it can help you make a right decision.
David yu is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > General Discussion