Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caliber
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 07:45 PM   #1
327chevy
AF Regular

'07 Caliber transmission shifting hesitation

We have had this Caliber SXT w/1.8 L with auto trans for about 6 or 7 years now and it's had this weird down shift habit since we came to own it.Driving along a highway and when the transmission down shifts there is a hitch in the otherwise smooth shift action of the tranny.It acts like something is slipping for a fraction of a second and then catching again and it will do it 3 or 4 times in a row before whatever it is causing the hitch tightens up or the transmission upshifts again.This only occurs when downshifting at highway speed and it's enough of a jolt that it shudders the car when it happens.Anyone else ever experienced this or have an idea what might be happening?
327chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:57 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: '07 Caliber transmission shifting hesitation

I think its just the nature of the beast. My mom had an 07 SXT and the transmission always seemed to act weird in it. The day she got rid of it was probably one of the best days of my life because I no longer had to worry about her possibly getting stranded in it, nor did I have to work on it any more.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caliber