Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 11:15 PM   #1
TzVerkaufer
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to TzVerkaufer
Honda CBR-600 F4i

First of all, thanks for the great forum you guys have put together, it provides a lot of helpful information for those of us just getting into motorcycles.

So, after reading through a lot of the info on this forum, I have decided to take the MSF course to get myself started out. I have done some research on a few of the bikes I am interested in, and it looks like I am torn between the Honda CBR-600 F4i and the Yamaha YZF-600.

It seems this forum is split on whether or not 600cc is too much for a beginner. That is why I like the Honda - it seems to be the least aggressive of the 4 leading 600cc bikes (Ninja, GSX-R, CBR F4i, YZF).

I like the look of the Honda more, and it felt a little bit lighter than the Yamaha. It also felt a little more up-right than the Yamaha, which would help for the long distance riding I am planning to do later this year.

So anyways, I am just checking to see if anyone is trying to sell either of these bikes in the West Coast ---> California ---> San Diego area. I'm not looking to spend a lot, I have seen a lot of bikes this level on cycletrader.com/ebay from $2300 - $3500.

If anyone has any advice, comments, or info on these bikes - or might be interested in selling one, feel free to post here or email me.

piapaintball@cox.net
AIM: TzVerkaufer
TzVerkaufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 11:54 PM   #2
Lionsbane
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Lionsbane
Wow Verk, I've been lookin at those same bikes. I like the Honda 600F4i too. I sat on the Gixxer 600r today and it just didnt feel very comfortable. I dont wanna start riding for the first time on something i dont feel comfortable on. Well its good to hear that you are gunna do the MSF course. Im signing up for the class in early march. Well, let me know if you find any good deals. Good luck.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:07 AM   #3
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
Re: Honda CBR-600 F4i

The Honda F4i or any of the other F3,2, etc. is probably the most gentle of the 600's. I'm glad to see that people are taking the advice seriously around here. It kinda makes the frustration all worthwhile. Welcome, good luck, and ride safe!

Riding isn't a hobby, it's a passion.

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:14 PM   #4
CbrRyder
AF Newbie

I have a f4i6oo and it is a great begginers bike. I have only had it for about 2 months and i already went down, not to bad though. it is a great bike, but it is not a racing or stunt bike. I still love it though.

Good Luck and Ride Smart
CbrRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
dirtlover
AF Newbie

TzVerk.
First off congrats on considering the MSF course. I started riding 8 years ago on the dirt and then street 4 yrs ago. MSF was not only educational but fun, plus no driving test at the DMV...just a written and MSF certificate will do. Bought my 2001 f4i as the first street bike and love it! A gentle 600 but still fast and goes where you want it to.

Now looking to sell it and trade up to a 1000. Right fairing scratches from previous owner...I fortunately never dropped it. (knock on wood) 22,000 miles and runs great as Honda's do. Asking $3000. I live in Tujunga, Southern California. (just outside LA) New at forum stuff but email for more info.

jessey11@hotmail.com
dirtlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max

i've ridden a couple of my buddy's F4i's and an F3. they're great bikes. one's a stunt bike that takes a regular beating and still runs great.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:11 AM   #7
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Welcome to AF TZ,

It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. The MSF course is a great idea, and the fact that you're not buying a bike based on looks alone or what the cycle mags say about it. I tell anyone wanting to join this passion of ours to go sit on some bikes and buy the one that fits. No one wants to buy a bike only to hate it later because it's cramped, vibrates too much, too twitchy, no/too much power, etc...

Being a Harley guy, I get a lot of strange looks from riders of other brands, they probably think I'm the stereotypical Harley guy that seems to think all other bikes suck and I'm going to insult their bike. I love our hobby and all types of bikes. If my budget would allow, I'd have an SV1000 or similar semi-naked sportbike in my garage. But since my wife and I made a deal a while ago that she get's to spend an equal amount on girly stuff like shoes and jewelry as I do on bike stuff (it's the only way to keep my spending in line), it ain't gonna happen any time soon. When you do finally pick up your bike, don't forget to post some pics for us, we love to see them all!

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes