Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 09:16 PM   #1
ThatOneClGuy
AF Newbie

(You don't play with chevy bobbi boosche IT'S THE DEVIL) 95 CPI HELP?

Hello, just a mechanic looking to pick a bone with his wife's oldest sitting beast.

Here is my to do list for the chevy blazer 4.3l cpi:

Timing chain:

Distributor:

Valve Covers:

Crank Position Sensor:

Idle Air Control Valve:

All of that is easy as hell except for the devil him self, "timing chain" my main issue is i want to opt out of the removal of the oil pan the problem is does the gasket between the oil pan/timing cover "U" shaped crush between the pan?

Not afraid to get my hands dirty it's been due for 2-3 years.

I suspect it's timing retarded for the fact that the number 1 spark plug is the wettest plug out of all the others "no its not the cpi it's been changed twice." Passengers side is fairly decent if I'm correct 1, 3, and 5 is on the drivers 3 and 5 are pretty decent but not wet as hell like 1 the 2, 4, and 6 plugs are good as well.

The head gaskets good no coolant in oil vice versa, no loss of coolant no sweet smell out of the exhaust but is rich out the exhaust in the summer it burns the hell out your eyes in the winter it's just not as bad.

Anyway, time to fight this fire with my all mighty 5 year collection of tools I've priced all the currently needed parts at $106.21 for everything.

I've put prior work in previously as well including ignition coil, plugs 2 times map sensor, water pump, maf sensor vaccum lines to the intake and black bulb located on the hood which maintains vaccum.

This year! I will have my 3rd co captain passenger back seat back and shall not suffer one more hard get out of a worn slammed acura legend. I fought that acura and it still runs but I don't want it it's falling apart but works good as hell.
ThatOneClGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer