Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
luke76
AF Newbie

2006 rc211v

I finally got around to taking some photos of what little progress I have made.

I am probably way in over my head with the build, so any tips, tricks you have up your sleeve please let me know. The plan is to display the bike naked.

The kit

TS Detail parts. I have close up pics of all of the parts so If you are interested in seeing them let me know and I will post them up.

Starting the rear sets

CF the rear hugger. Still needs some Tamiya smoke and a clear coat or two

Engine parts and frame primed for Alclad.

And finally the start of the long, drawn out process of filling in the swing arm. I've never done this before, so hopefully I won't screw it up.

Thanks for looking,

Erik
luke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Adam Baker
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Adam Baker Send a message via MSN to Adam Baker Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Baker
Re: 2006 rc211v

Wow, very impressive selection of aftermarket bits.

What are you using to fill the swing arm? I just did this for the first time myself on a 2003 RC211V kit. I used Milliput to do mine. I think it came out looking pretty good. Not sure exactly how Im going to do the weld beads or if Im even going to try.
Adam Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
davesans
AF Enthusiast

Great start looking forward to watching it come together you have a lot of nice add-ons. Is the carbon fiber on the hugger scale motorsports?
Old 10-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
Lockheed
AF Newbie

Nice work!
Lockheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
luke76
AF Newbie

Thanks guys.

Adam - I am just using Tamiya's basic putty. From what I have read, some people use Tamyia's 2 part epoxy strips however, I cannot find any local.

Davesans - Yes sir, it is Scale Motorsports CF. The rear hugger itself is part of the TS detail kit. I will probably CF the Tamiya part to see if I can get it to look a little better.

Lockheed - Thanks!

I should have some update pics later today. I have laid the black base coat for the Alclad to go on the engine, as well as finished with the putty on the swing arm sides. I will need to put the swing arm together and find a backing to finish the fill (not to mention the stupid amount of time I will spend trying to sand the putty smooth).
Old 10-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #6
KevHw
AF Enthusiast

Hi there. Nice ambitious project you've started! Really looking forward to following your updates. Any progress so far?
Old 10-31-2010, 10:10 AM   #7
luke76
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevHw View Post
Hi there. Nice ambitious project you've started! Really looking forward to following your updates. Any progress so far?
Hi Kev.

I'll get some photo's up later today. Work and being sick for four days has put a damper on trying to get anything done.

The only thing I do not like about the TS super detail set is you have to decipher how you approach the build by bouncing back and forth between the Tamiya instructions and the TS (if you really want to call them this) instructions. There really is no clear path on how to approach it. I'll get it figured out though!