Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #46
FNA
AF Regular

Re: Riding season soon

"I hate how every one of these stories is due to someone elses ignorance or stupidity!"

This may surprise you, but hardly anyone ever tells a story where their own stupidity or carelessness caused them to crash or damage their bike.

I've been hit by other bikes (twice) and by cars (thrice). I've been run off the road and scared more than half to death

Truth be told, my worst crashes (in terms of injury and damage) were no one else's fault but my own.

Someone two cars ahead of me does something stupid and I can't avoid it, it's probably my fault. (I'm not saying that in the similar story above it was the rider's fault, just how I likely would view my own situation)
FNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #47
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

Hmmm interesting you should say that FNA.

I have owned up to my f ups on this very forum.

Quick re-cap for the newbies.

1) just washed the bike (FZR250RR) and turned right out of the side street and gave it too much throttle to beat trafiic. Straight down and did the right side of the bike.

2) (GSXR750T) Tried to beat one set of lights and just made it but was too hot for the next set. Had to try to brake hard on a corner and ended up sliding the rear and facing across my lane just past the line (drift to a stop and almost over balanced). Since traffic was now coming from behind me, I had to hit the throttle and get the f outta there.

3) same lights but the other way. Had to stop quickly and pulled a massive stoppie only to stall mid air and come slamming down hard. The driver next to me looked at me with a "you f'n tool" look on his face. I looked at him as said "geez, that didn't go as planned huh?" lights go green and I take off nice and slow........

4) ('03 954) Practicing stoppies and had the tail come over the top. I jumped over the bars and caught the bike had had to let her down. Damaged the Akropovic pipe, pegs, bar end, oggy-knob and fairing. massive dent to my pride. but chicks dig scars and crashings proof your trying!

5) ('05 ZX750 Dad's bike) Grabbed the throttle very high so I could get higher revs with a more comfy wrist position. Took off from the workshop and reved it a bit before opening her up a little too quick and hard. front end launches skyward and a little bit of poo stains my undies. I ride it out in first and re-gain my composure. when I get it home, theres a little gravel rash on the mud flap. hand the keys back to dad and complimented him on a nice bike.......
Old 04-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #48
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

thankfully, I've never had a road bike incident....(knock on wood)

I am however, the first person to break the supposed non-breakable plastic front fender Honda developed for the Honda 50 starter bike back in the 70's (my first bike). I t-boned my dads Yamaha DT125 enduro (which ironically became my first street bike many years later) after popping the clutch and wheelying about 25-30 ft across a field.

I got a little overzealous on a set of whoops at a local off road vehicle park on my CR250R and did some maneuvers similar to today's freestyle motocross (not on purpose) but ended up somehow saving it. I actually got applause from onlookers after I stopped and cleaned out my shorts.

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes